GrandMarc Residence Hall (YMCA) @ Northeastern U | 291 St. Botolph Street | Fenway

Is there any chance we could force them to the facade?

Last edited:
Is there any chance we could force them to the facade?

I'm thinking the same thing. Northeastern has the money. It's all the more disappointing considering how great MassArt's recent tower turned out.

Hey guys... long time lurker and NU student here. Looks like this thing should be finishing up soon since its supposed to open in January. They've re-opened st. botolph st and it looks like they are working on the lobby now.

I also work in the mail room at NU and deliver mail to a lot of the dorms, so I MIGHT be able to get some interior pictures in the spring semester, but unfortunately I only have a crappy cell phone camera.

Here's some I took the other day:
IMAG0268.jpg

IMAG0267.jpg

Thanks for the pics! From that angle you can't see the ridiculous color changes of the panels and it actually looks kindasorta ok.

Welcome!

Thanks for the pics! From that angle you can't see the ridiculous color changes of the panels and it actually looks kindasorta ok.

Welcome!

Yea I think if they had gone with something else for the facade the building would at least be passable.

Here's another one I just took from my dorm (West Village H). Anyone know what the brown thing is covering the lower visible portion of silver windows? Permanent part of the YMCA or something temporary for construction?
IMAG0271.jpg

Welcome to the forums! I believe that's a chimney you're referring to.

Anyone know when the new dining hall here opens? $8.75 for an all you can eat breakfast still tempts me. It's annoying though that every single year they raise it by 25 cents...

Anyone know when the new dining hall here opens? $8.75 for an all you can eat breakfast still tempts me. It's annoying though that every single year they raise it by 25 cents...

Is there a plan to open a dining hall in this building?

Anyways, after having lived on a meal plan for a good portion of my time at NU, I can say that most of the dining hall food is crap so don't let "all you can eat" entice you. You can try it out at International Village or Stetson East right now though, if you are curious.

There is no dining hall at this residence hall. Floors 13-16 will have kitchens, but all other residents on the lower floors will have to go to Stetson East/West or Int'l Village for their meal plans.

They've gotta be considering another new dining hall sometime soon though. All these buildings, moving up in the world, increasing student population (?), and all the dining halls are located at opposite ends of campus. Maybe something in the future new Cabot complex? And yes, they also should really improve their food quality.

The Curry Student Center is located in the middle of campus and has a bunch of food options and Rebecca's Cafe is also near there and accepts meal plans. While there is demand among students for food, I'm not sure if there is specific demand for another dining hall.

I'd say that the real blind spot in this neighborhood for food is the area between West Village and Brigham Circle.

Walked by here last night and took a few pictures. Looks like they're officially calling it "East Village."

That entrance is on the right:

and these stairs (down to classrooms/lecture halls?) are on the left:

I actually like how it looks at night from the back. The red wall on the second floor above the entrance is a nice touch.

So I suppose every Northeastern dorm from now on will have village in its name.

If you have more than 500 people living in one place, I think calling it a village is fair. And anyway, we all know these building names are placeholders until a donor makes a significant contribution to have their name recognized by one of these buildings.

If you have more than 500 people living in one place, I think calling it a village is fair. And anyway, we all know these building names are placeholders until a donor makes a significant contribution to have their name recognized by one of these buildings.

Anyone who pays to have their name on this building is a fool.

Back