Hall of Shame Nominees

Behold this piece of crap! I always wondered what they were thinking with these white/grey panels near the top. It looks unfinished. Never mind that the windmills aren't there anymore either! Not only is it an eyesore in a vacuum, but it blocked off the "big city" money shot of the Pru with 111 Huntington from Boylston, as well as blocking the Hancock from a surprising amount of views. The ground level is cool, but the building itself coupled with its placement is visually atrocious.

IMG_0069 by David Z, on Flickr

Behold this piece of crap! I always wondered what they were thinking with these white/grey panels near the top. It looks unfinished. Never mind that the windmills aren't there anymore either! Not only is it an eyesore in a vacuum, but it blocked off the "big city" money shot of the Pru with 111 Huntington from Boylston, as well as blocking the Hancock from a surprising amount of views. The ground level is cool, but the building itself coupled with its placement is visually atrocious.

Seriously, who looked at that and said "yes, this looks good"? Is it secretly a spite building put up by an architect dismayed that they didn't get the opportunity to design a real skyscraper or something? 🙃

Why did they remove the windmills?

They kept breaking (see here, courtesy of DZH, and zoom in). I have no idea if the removal is permanent or not, but they've been gone a long time after initially trying to repair them after each of the early breakages). The (already shitty) aesthetic of this ginormous mechanical penthouse becomes horrendous with the windmill-less windmill mounts still in place. But the saddest part, by far, is this is a rare and extraordinarily painful case of whighlander actually being right about something (he was whining at the time that this was meaningless greenwashing and the windmills would never be effective). A double whammy of crappiness here.
For aB's excellent documentation of this wind turbine drama, see +/- several posts from here.

Last edited:
If the devil himself tells you the truth it doesn't make it a lie. But you should wonder why he is telling a truth

Back