Hope Point Tower (Fane) | 250 Dyer Street | Providence

Lrfox

Reaction score
I still don't love the look of this thing, but we've seen value engineering (which is what this redesign was) look a whole lot worse. They shaved down parking and added residential floors (both wins) and the street level looks a whole lot more cohesive. Like everyone else, I have my doubts that this will ever get done, but these are moves in the right direction.

stick n move

Reaction score

themissinglink

Reaction score
The design looks a lot more sterile than the previous iteration, but I'd argue that the redesign fits better amongst the Providence skyline. The previous design looked like it was from Miami.

Last edited:

Portlander

Reaction score
Only six feet shy of being the tallest building in New England outside of Boston (City Place/Hartford) and if I were the developer I'd come up with some kind of design adjustment to claim the title!

DZH22

Superstar
Reaction score
Only six feet shy of being the tallest building in New England outside of Boston (City Place/Hartford) and if I were the developer I'd come up with some kind of design adjustment to claim the title!
I have never seen City Place in Hartford listed above 535'-537'. This one claims to be going 550'. The last render in post 122 is old, and this link says 550'.

Portlander

Reaction score
I was going by the above diagram's height of 530' and I added an extra foot to capture the crown, thanks for the update.

stick n move

Reaction score
The redesign is much better for providence imo. That wavy design before looked like something youd see in Miami. Theres nothing wrong with that, Miami is a beautiful city, it just looks weird against a backdrop of brick and limestone. It would have been much better if they had proposed a robert stern art deco tower, seeing that providence has an already attractive selection of art deco and brick towers, but since this is what they have this is better than before imo. Its a perfectly fine inoffensive addition that plays well with the other white office tower on the skyline. Hopefully in the future they will build something like eleven in minneapolis.

Last edited: