Hull infill and small developments

stick n move

Superstar
Reaction score
Paragon Dunes
NANTASKET BEACH, HULL

1680838205109.png

“The Challenge: With water on two sides, this classic New England beach development feels a lot more urban, with zero-lot-line podium construction, multiple buildings, and large swaths of public access.”

“Paragon Dunes is a mixed-use development on Nantasket Beach in Hull MA, just minutes from the Hingham Shipyard, the Hull & Hingham MBTA ferries, and everything that Nantasket Beach has to offer! Designed with a multifamily component, a retail component and a large-scale food and beverage operation, this project is truly mixed-use and will serve as a catalyst for placemaking on Nantasket Beach.”

“ADDRESS
197 Nantasket Ave Hull, MA 02025
CATEGORY
Mixed Use
COST
$65,000,000
NUMBER OF UNITS
145 Units
YEAR COMPLETED
Pre-Development
ARCHITECT
Monte French Studio
CONSTRUCTION MANAGER
TBD
EQUITY SOURCE
TBD
LENDER
TBD
AWARDS”

https://procopiocompanies.com/portfolio/

Paragon_Park_1.jpg

Paragon_Park_2.jpg

Paragon_Park_3.jpg

Paragon_Park_4.jpg

Paragon_Park_5.jpg

https://www.bldup.com/posts/plans-released-for-140-unit-development-in-hull

I hope they maintain the active retail that's there now. Walk up windows for food and wide doors that open up to the arcade are essential in this spot. Glad to see added density but honestly don't want more Florida-like condo mammoths that are going up at Revere Beach. I think density can be added while enhancing the vibe, not changing or detracting from it. Venice Beach comment is relevant here and serves as a good goal.

I think this might belong in the "Beyond 128" section of the site not "Greater Boston'

I think that works for western suburbs but gets a little murky for places on the harbor. Hull is as close to downtown as Nahant/Lynn. I do agree though and I put Hull firmly in the outer suburbs in my mind. Traveling from downtown to Lynn is all city where going to Hull takes you through Hingham...

I think this might belong in the "Beyond 128" section of the site not "Greater Boston'

Hull(and Hingham since that came up above) are universally regarded as Boston suburbs. They both have MBTA bus and commuter boat service and are only five or so miles from Boston as the crow flies. I can’t imagine anyone in the real world would argue they aren’t part of Greater Boston. I think the other forum is intended more for the other pseudo metro areas in MA like Worcester and Springfield along with their suburbs and of course further flung communities that simply don’t fit the definition of Greater Boston.

Hull(and Hingham since that came up above) are universally regarded as Boston suburbs. They both have MBTA bus and commuter boat service and are only five or so miles from Boston as the crow flies. I can’t imagine anyone in the real world would argue they aren’t part of Greater Boston. I think the other forum is intended more for the other pseudo metro areas in MA like Worcester and Springfield along with their suburbs and of course further flung communities that simply don’t fit the definition of Greater Boston.
I'm not saying they aren't part of Greater Boston as a geographic area, just that the other section specifies "beyond 128" and already has all the threads on Natick, Weymouth, Wilmington, Peabody, etc. some of which are closer to Boston than Hull and Hingham. Perhaps those should be in Greater Boston as well and it be renamed "beyond 495"? The rest are, as you've noted, are mainly Springfield, Worcester, and many of the gateway cities. Just seems inconsistent.

Paragon Dunes
NANTASKET BEACH, HULL

View attachment 36271

“The Challenge: With water on two sides, this classic New England beach development feels a lot more urban, with zero-lot-line podium construction, multiple buildings, and large swaths of public access.”

“Paragon Dunes is a mixed-use development on Nantasket Beach in Hull MA, just minutes from the Hingham Shipyard, the Hull & Hingham MBTA ferries, and everything that Nantasket Beach has to offer! Designed with a multifamily component, a retail component and a large-scale food and beverage operation, this project is truly mixed-use and will serve as a catalyst for placemaking on Nantasket Beach.”

“ADDRESS
197 Nantasket Ave Hull, MA 02025
CATEGORY
Mixed Use
COST
$65,000,000
NUMBER OF UNITS
145 Units
YEAR COMPLETED
Pre-Development
ARCHITECT
Monte French Studio
CONSTRUCTION MANAGER
TBD
EQUITY SOURCE
TBD
LENDER
TBD
AWARDS”

https://procopiocompanies.com/portfolio/

Paragon_Park_1.jpg

Paragon_Park_2.jpg

Paragon_Park_3.jpg

Paragon_Park_4.jpg

Paragon_Park_5.jpg

https://www.bldup.com/posts/plans-released-for-140-unit-development-in-hull
If we can build this without issue here, I think we can go above 8 storied at Revere Beach

There are a lot of nice new developments in Asbury Park, along with a couple of really good restaurants, helping it shake off its janky past.

I agree. I go to Asbury Park a lot. Its real cool how they redeveloped the area. My favorite beach town after Ocean City NJ.

I think that Hull could learn more from Long Branch.

Wish there were more renders

ReyCon begins work on 32,000 s/f
oceanfront project in Hull, MA

August 18, 2023 - Construction Design & Engineering
ReyCon%20HULL%20EXTERIOR.jpg

“Hull, MA Construction management firm ReyCon has started work on the construction of a new 32,000 s/f multifamily apartment community on Nantasket Beach, in partnership with Newton-based developer, Enrique Darer. ReyCon was hired by Darer to provide all pre-construction and construction management services.
Sitting right across the beach and 12 miles south of Boston, the Residences at the Aquarium will feature 23 upscale multifamily units. The design from Leavitt Associates, will feature floor-to-ceiling windows in each unit, with Atlantic Ocean views and modern amenities. The development will also feature below-grade parking and new landscaping to complement it’s setting.
The three-story residences will be within walking distance to the beachfront shops, bars and restaurants of Nantasket Beach…”

https://nerej.com/reycon-begins-work-on-32-000-s-f-oceanfront-project-in-hull-ma

The design of these townhouses is very cool…at least in the pics.

Yes, but they just copied the form of what was already there

Reimagined Paragon Boardwalk could be part of new project in Hull

1705423931671.png

1705424034547.png

The new plan, which includes 132 apartments and [...] 13,000 square feet of commercial space: 3,000 square feet indoors and 10,000 square feet outdoors. [...] The new version of the plan also would add a net of eight parking spaces. There would be 19 more surface parking spaces near Rockland Circle but 11 fewer spaces in the underground garage.

Back