Idea for fixing the housing shortage

Just saw this diagram on twitter detailing pre-approved plans that South Bend offers for developers:

GTv3wZPWsAIATTc.jpg

thought this was also a really interesting idea (especially for infill). Do you think this would be feasible for Boston and surrounding localities? I found mention of pre-approved plans as part of Boston's Neighborhood Homes Initiative, but have no clue what they look like.

The plans detailed above are obviously built for South Bend and Boston would require options with more units (I'm assuming the base would be a 3-unit apartment building), but could also do a lot to influence the style of this new chapter in the city, and maybe steer people away from the generic designs that new builds often are in the city.

Thoughts?

Just saw this diagram on twitter detailing pre-approved plans that South Bend offers for developers:

View attachment 53306

thought this was also a really interesting idea (especially for infill). Do you think this would be feasible for Boston and surrounding localities? I found mention of pre-approved plans as part of Boston's Neighborhood Homes Initiative, but have no clue what they look like.

The plans detailed above are obviously built for South Bend and Boston would require options with more units (I'm assuming the base would be a 3-unit apartment building), but could also do a lot to influence the style of this new chapter in the city, and maybe steer people away from the generic designs that new builds often are in the city.

Thoughts?
Some pre-approved triple deckers, and more, would be a great idea. Hopefully using these can expedite some of the historic commissions/ other boards that can really drag out a development.

Back