Ink Block (Boston Herald) | 300 Harrison Avenue | South End

Driving by on 93 with my boyfriend, who's not into urban planning like I am, and he said "those look nice, why aren't they taller?" - Saw the Albany Street project next door, assumed they were part of the same project and said, "see, they went tall there! why not the others?"

As glad as I am to see this development moving right along, he's totally right, at least where the plot abuts the highway, they should have gone taller.

I am willing to bet that the future buildings along Albany Street (Ink Block 4, 5, perhaps 6) will be taller.

This project has been so well-executed that it's easy to forget what a gamble it was considered when first pitched.

I like how they totally forgot to design this side.

15972843665_b59579e8d2_c.jpg

I ran by the Whole Food location a few days ago: shelving units and other interior accoutrements appear to be mostly installed. Opening Day can't be too far off.

I ran by on my evening run the other night and saw that the liquor section was mostly, if not fully stocked. I can't wait until that place opens. It's close enough to my house that it'll be a better (and cheaper) alternative to Foodies.

yea I'm in the same boat roxxma, the foodies will still be closer to me but its crazy expensive in there. Kinda sad when a whole foods is a cheaper option.

yea I'm in the same boat roxxma, the foodies will still be closer to me but its crazy expensive in there. Kinda sad when a whole foods is a cheaper option.

Of course, we haven't seen the prices in this Whole Foods yet ;)

This is actually closer to me than Foodies, so I am really excited (even if the prices are high).

Streetscape improvements proceeding rapidly, preparing, one assumes, for their January Whole Foods opening.

Harrison Ave is getting its parking meters this week.

I went into the new whole foods Sunday... holy hell it was busy! I had to get outta there before I punched somebody is was so crowded. The store itself is pretty awesome and has some nice touches inside including a Herald marquee thing on the wall. The spa looks small but nice as well.

Went to the Whole Foods today and it's really really nice. I'm unlikely to ever go to Shaw's again. Hooray!

Also it was packed with people. It was actually a bit difficult to walk around since there were so many people in the store.

Back