Intercontinental Hotel

Status
Not open for further replies.

xec

Reaction score
150025652_e604b9933d_o.jpg

150025653_5462658b08_o.jpg

That's as weightless as the building has ever looked...it seems to be positively alive versus the comparatively static background. Beautiiful photos

Almost like someone Photoshopped it out of the picture... Weird. What is it about the glass?

justin

Yeah, it took me a while to realize that this is from actual photographs and not an artist's rendering. (I haven't been down that way in a while.)

Years ago, the buildings in this area erupted in turquoise. The turquoise disappeared for a while, and now it's back. The turquoise district?

Turquoise was a popular color in the fifties and sixties. Many buildings in this area featured that color, including the one to the far right in the first pic. One old brick building was even painted head to toe in the color turquoise.

Then the color fell out of fashion, and bit by bit the turquoise all disappeared.

Now it's back.

^ Don't recall that at all. I'd like some visual confirmation. My dad has parked on Fan Pier (until recently) since the 60s, so I used to walk by that location frequently. Hmmm, maybe that's where his turquoise color preference originated? :lol:

Don't have any pictures. That was a long time ago.

I apologize if this has been discussed but I have been away from Boston for the past two weeks in Hong Kong and was wondering if there is a date set for an opening. Also, how high end is the brand "Intercontinental" supposed to be, I have never stayed in one nor have I heard much about them in general.

To answer you guys' questions, photographically speaking, the reason it looks so weightless in the first 2 pictures is because a cloud was blocking direct sunlight (making all the buildings around it "dark and dismal." Buth this building just reflected the partly cloudy beautiful sky to the southeast of Boston. The same picture taken a few minutes later when the cloud overhead passed by would be different (although I still believe the building would have a large effect of weightlessness, just because it is glass).

InterContinental closings

I was told several weeks ago that closings on the 14th floor are starting around October 1st, and going up, by floor, after that, with 19th floor around first week of November.

bosma, are you using an agent to buy? Have you already been in there?

yes kidding, I am sure any "prospective tenant" could take a tour.

The Intercontinental Hotel is open for business. Here are some pics taken a couple of weeks ago.

bb_Intercontinental-20061104-089.jpg

d_Intercontinental-20061104-078.jpg

zbd_Intercontinental-20061104-086.jpg

bc_Intercontinental-20061104-088.jpg

db_Intercontinental-20061104-083.jpg

ea_Intercontinental-20061104-069.jpg

df_Intercontinental-20061104-044.jpg

eb_Intercontinental-20061104-017.jpg

eg_Intercontinental-20061104-042.jpg

f_Intercontinental-20061104-030.jpg

Looks like Independence Wharf will be opening this side of the building to face the park.

___0611180018.jpg

___0611180016.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back