J.J. Carroll Redevelopment | Chestnut Hill Avenue | Brighton

So is the idea to relocate those people living in the BHA complex slated for demo? I'm all for senior housing, but not at the expense of existing affordable housing that isn't age-restricted.

So is the idea to relocate those people living in the BHA complex slated for demo? I'm all for senior housing, but not at the expense of existing affordable housing that isn't age-restricted.

BHA calls it "designated senior housing", which seems to mean it must be about 85% seniors. That's a cap - it's possible that no non-seniors currently live there. The PNF says they'll be offering all the current residents units, though of course that doesn't help during construction. I wonder if they're planning to accommodate some in their existing complex.

Last edited:
Thanks for the clarification, Equilibria. I too wonder where they plan to put the current residents slated to be offered new units during demo and construction...

Today:

IMG_6404.jpg

IMG_6405.jpg

IMG_6406.jpg

IMG_6407.jpg

I'm looking forward to seeing the landscape go in on this. The various deep setbacks on the buildings seem like great opportunities for lots of planting and usable seating

Back