Josiah Quincy Upper School | 900 Washington Street | Chinatown

Do you mean one-pedal drive, a quasi-manual drive feature, because that considerably reduces brake use. Regen braking relies on the driver to practice well-timed and proper deceleration, it doesn't change how the car reacts. I drive an electric car and I go through brakes faster than in past ICE vehicles, though this whip's faster than my first time, so the brake jobs are likely because it's too damn fun.
I guess it's a case-by-case thing, because I know my father and I use the brakes way less in an electric car than in an ICE. I guess if I was in some wildly variable traffic on the highway, I'd use the brakes... about as often as I would in an ICE vehicle. But on standard, 40mph or less streets, I really never used them.

DSCN6515.JPG

It's a shame that much of the structural expressionism seen in the early renders is gone (covered up with crap) because the structure of this building is cool.

Excellent opportunity to expose the structure and not cover it with a bunch of colorful plastic squares!

Excellent opportunity to expose the structure and not cover it with a bunch of colorful plastic squares!
As with many designs out there, it appears the exposed bracing and the architectural elements at the corner accentuates the structure of the seating inside. Besides those two structural elements, the remaining appear to be floor plate structure. Given the building is an "assembly use", some of the strictest of fire codes applies. I think it's a pretty good attempt.
c.JPG

Definitely not the most beautiful building ever, but from the lense of it being a school for kids I think it works imo.

As with many designs out there, it appears the exposed bracing and the architectural elements at the corner accentuates the structure of the seating inside. Besides those two structural elements, the remaining appear to be floor plate structure. Given the building is an "assembly use", some of the strictest of fire codes applies. I think it's a pretty good attempt.
View attachment 34614

I liked that iteration much better. I'm pretty sure this is the current design:

j quincy school.jpg

Well, this building is going to be aggressively and unquestionably ugly. It's also too bad for the rowhouses on the north side of Pine Street, which are now effectively on a back alley that's entirely overshadowed by this project.

Anyway, as of 9/1:

Well, this building is going to be aggressively and unquestionably ugly. It's also too bad for the rowhouses on the north side of Pine Street, which are now effectively on a back alley that's entirely overshadowed by this project

There's a decent chance you end up being largely correct but can we wait for the finished product?

Back