Kunstler Discusses Boston

Status
Not open for further replies.
armPitofMight: jump to 12 min in.

This is a pretty great podcast since he isn't really preaching to the converted.

I really like what he said about the RKG. Right on.

I hate podcasts. I wish I could just read this...can someone summarize the juicier bits?

I hate podcasts. I wish I could just read this...can someone summarize the juicier bits?
Kunstler: "Boston used to be scary and backwards but now it's gentrified and nice."

The "interviewer" came off as a moron. "NYC is so far superior to everywhere else that people refer to it as the city." (paraphrased)

How is he not aware that this is the case in Seattle and Miami and everywhere in between? When will interviewers learn that they are there to ask questions and not incessantly opine and interject.

I hate podcasts. I wish I could just read this...

It's probably easier to just see if Duany has ever said anything about Boston, and skip Kunstler's hamfisted rehashing of it

The "interviewer" came off as a moron. "NYC is so far superior to everywhere else that people refer to it as the city." (paraphrased)

How is he not aware that this is the case in Seattle and Miami and everywhere in between? When will interviewers learn that they are there to ask questions and not incessantly opine and interject.

Hi Justin7,

It's the moron himself here, Duncan Crary.

I must indeed be a moron because I don't understand your beef with what I said on the podcast.

But to address your comments about me being an interviewer in scarequotes (i.e. a so-called interviewer)...I am the host and producer of the KunstlerCast, which is billed as a "weekly conversation."

I'm not a reporter for a news agency. It's not my duty to interview Kunstler week after week. It's my role to have a conversation, record that conversation and produce that recording as a podcast.

There are many programs that follow a conversational format.

As far as my comment about people referring to New York as The City goes, one of the ongoing themes in my conversations with Kunstler is that Americans have nearly forgotten how to DO small cities. Unfortunately, we often think that cities can only exist on a huge scale, like New York. Smaller cities, and indeed small cities, can in fact be very pleasant living arrangements.

But hey, call me a moron on a discussion board if it makes you feel important. You too, Mr. vanshnookenraggen!

If you don't like Kunstler or if you don't like me, or you don't like either one of us, then don't listen.

--
Duncan Crary
Host/Producer
The KunstlerCast
http://kunstlercast.com

The moron stuff is so unnecessary. Come on guys.

^^yup, calling others losers is definitely moronic
lol.gif

BarbaricManchurian, I respect you, but maybe you should sit this one out. You're making yourself look the fool.

armPitofMight: jump to 12 min in.

You NYC'ers are pathetic. First your super special city is unable to stop the WTC from being destroyed (which I'm sure many of you on this board are happy they are gone since they were really only giant boxes) and now you re-elect a guy for mayor who spent $100 million of his own cash to win. If your city is so special, why don't you have your own intelligence agency and military so you can show the rest of us country bumpkin folk how to really fight terrorism? It really is sad how you think you're the champions of the west and the greatest city since ancient Rome, yet you let "the overgrown village" of Washington D.C. protect you from the baddies of this world.

Also, if NYC'ers are soooooooo creative, imaginative, and are the greatest human beings in the world; why did a billionaire just con you into voting for him? Aren't you supposed to do something unique like let him spend $100 million and then let him lose so your precious daily newspapers could make fun of him for weeks, laughing that he spent all that money and lost? Very un-NYC'ish on you NYC'ers!!!

Boy, this thread's bringing out the best in everyone....

Kunstler said about MIT: "you couldn't have devised an uglier campus....."

Has he never been to a state school? Speaking from what I know, almost any SUNY campus would blow MIT's fugliness out of the water. And MIT's buildings don't reek of lowest-bid-or-bust cheapness.

Also, if NYC'ers are soooooooo creative, imaginative, and are the greatest human beings in the world; why did a billionaire just con you into voting for him?

Dude, did you follow our mayoral election? I'd take any of what NYC was offering over the choices we had here. Boston voted in an inarticulate, small-town thug for his fifth term.

The WTC comment was low, as if it was their fault. Shameless. The jets that hit those buildings flew out of our airport, does that mean we share in the blame?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back