L Street Station Redevelopment (née Old Edison Plant)| 776 Summer Street | South Boston

There seems to be a belief that residential is more of an impact on traffic despite tons of evidence that commercial/office uses generate more trips. The push to decrease residential on this site is just increasing the traffic problems. An the T continuing to cut isn't helping anything.
Yes, but more residential takes up those parking spots at night which is the Nimby Nightmare!

There seems to be a belief that residential is more of an impact on traffic despite tons of evidence that commercial/office uses generate more trips. The push to decrease residential on this site is just increasing the traffic problems. An the T continuing to cut isn't helping anything.
Exactly, transit ridership is driven by proximity of destinations, aka jobs. Resi here easy gets to the cbd by transit; commercial here is in served by...eminently local transit alone.

Massachoicetts -- you are still using pre-Pandemic models
Commuting is a totally different animal now as is "Downtown"

A lot of what we came to consider normal city activity is gone for now and to a large extent gone for good. No one will ever again need to fill an office tower with people sitting at desks -- a lot of those kinds of jobs will be work from home or from some sort of "work-place" located near to home
As a result -- there wont be any return to the crowds of people commuting to office jobs -- even January last year will seem another era

Now labs and manufacturing are a different category -- but they have often have different timetables and so the "rush hour" will just be qualitatively different

I work in finance in the city, and I can tell you with 100% confidence that the vast majority of finance jobs are heading straight for the office as soon as possible. In fact, the firm I work for has been completely in the office for months now. Maybe tech companies will have more of a hybrid office life post covid, but the financial sector certainly will not.

I work in finance in the city, and I can tell you with 100% confidence that the vast majority of finance jobs are heading straight for the office as soon as possible. In fact, the firm I work for has been completely in the office for months now. Maybe tech companies will have more of a hybrid office life post covid, but the financial sector certainly will not.

About 25% of the tech company I worked for in Boston is back in office. And they are ramping it up as much as they can.

I'm in Finance as well, and it is going back to normal ASAP. I reminded everyone in my division that this remote-thing is not the wave of the future as far as our company is concerned, and no one complained. We are even signing on for more office space for later this year.

I do hope you're all right. Private Equity seems to be in no rush whatsoever. It turns out Managing Directors have pretty cushy offices they can use hide from their families in at home.

I work in asset management and we have no plans to return to full time office until H2 20. HR is actually surveying folks to see what shift of WFH/Office people would prefer, and I know we recently decided to shift several floors of back office type roels out of downtown.

My wife works at another asset manager and i don't believe they're in a rush to return either. Not sure what their front office people are or what the long term plan is for her company though.

I also work in asset management and we're being told that when the pandemic is over we're all back to the office. The directive was you're free to move whenever you'd like now but you need to be back in the Boston office sometime this year.

I work in biotech doing data/tech work. We cannot wait to be back. The lab people already are.

Back