LaN FLIGHT - digital fabrication touring seminar

LaN_monika

Reaction score
for full details please see >> http://livearchitecture.net/lanflight

LAN-FLIGHT JUL 7-13 ?digifab en route w/ LaN / LIVE ARCHITECTURE NETWORK

LaN-FLIGHT is a traveling seminar / tour of digital fabrication practices and programs. This immersion experience is intended to draw a diverse group of professionals and students from afar for a full schedule of exchanges with leading practices, fabrication lab visits, & LaN seminars? all while intensely exposed to the urban infrastructure of Boston, NY & in-between.

LaN-FLIGHT 2010 commences JULY 7th 9am and continues through midnight JULY 13.

schedule updates will continue to be posted

[boston - july 7 -9]
Microsoft New England Research & Development Center to host LaN seminar July 7-9, 9am-2pm
Kostas Terzidis ? THE MEME
I|K Studio

[new haven - july 10]
ERWIN HAUER STUDIOS

[new york july 11-13]
MICHAEL SILVER ARCHITECTS
BURO HAPPOLD
WORKSHOPS FACTORY
KPF
COMMONWEALTH

[virtual]
FAB LAB MEDELLIN
IaaC | INSTITUTE FOR ADVANCED ARCHITECTURE OF CATALONIA
DESIGNPLAYGROUNDS

SPACE IS LIMITED ON SOME TOURS
TO REGISTER ONLINE >> http://livearchitecture.net/lanflight

direct questions >> connect@livearchitecture.net

Please educate me...what does it mean?

I really thought this was spam at first.

My thoughts exactly.

All I see on the main page is:

LaN FLIGHT - digital...
by tobyjug
Today 10:51 PM

When I "realized" Toby posted it, I was like "ok, it's not spam". Then I realized he didn't make the thread and was just the last reply when I checked the forum and so I thought it was spam once again. Now, I'm not sure what to think any more.

Well, rereading this invitation I don't see those magic words "open bar", "free beer", or even "complimentary drink". Count me absent!

Hi all... this is a multi-city trip which a focus on digital fabrication aspects in architecture.... it includes exchanges with leading practices who utilize parametric modeling and cnc fabrication. In addition to office / shop tours there are seminar sessions to be held at Microsoft New England Research & Development Center.

If any further confusion exists, feel free to post further questions here or on our webpost >> http://livearchitecture.net/lanflight

Can you fabricate me up some free booze, even some of that Japanese tinned scotch? I'll be in line like a fool for an I Phone.

Do arch events usually have open bars? I need to switch professions.

^^ To my knowledge, only the ones held at Chez Brut.

Toby, we stock the Nikka Yoichi 20 (limited supply) and the Suntory Yamazaki 12. Though of equivalent quality to anything I've ever enjoyed from Scotland, it's bad form to call them "Scotch." Whisky without the "e" is proper.

"Amazingly original at first nosing, starting on old kelp, oysters, fishmonger?s? Also tar, diesel oil, well hung pheasant..."

^ The description is pretty accurate. Yoichi's not for kids, or for the unseasoned whisky aficionado. In terms of flavor, it's similar to the top-end Islay malts like Lagavulin 21. Rugged stuff -- you can taste the ocean in it.

^^ To my knowledge, only the ones held at Chez Brut.

Toby, we stock the Nikka Yoichi 20 (limited supply) and the Suntory Yamazaki 12. Though of equivalent quality to anything I've ever enjoyed from Scotland, it's bad form to call them "Scotch." Whisky without the "e" is proper.

I must admit my complete ignorance on the subject of Japanese whisky! Had a bottle once, but by the time I drank it discernment was not an issue!

Back