Lessons Learned from London

While that article sounds nice and all it will never happen. We have to deal with the FAA and other groups (NIMBYs) who will kill most of the things listed in the article, sans the markets or maybe the drinking on sidewalks.

These are the most intelligent Herald comments I've ever seen.

Yeah, I kept waiting for the article to blast Obama.

They didn't have any anti-Obama quotes, but they had this one for good measure:

princeofdarkness ? 0 0
Boston is more corrupt than the entire country of Nigeria. Then there are the unions, both private and public sector strangling the taxpayer together with the professional welfare recipients.

Hey if you don't like it here, move to London! Too soon?

I forgot that unions and welfare abuse don't exist in other cities. Especially not in Memphis, Dallas, nor Cincinnati.

I like London and while I mostly don't agree with Prince Charles I think his criticism of the new architecture overwhelming the traditional is on target

As long as they keep the new buildings in the Dockyards I've no beef -- just keep them out of the City and the rest of the mostly Victorian and earlier London

What should Boston learn from London: not mentioned in the article -- Boston should make a real charge at getting the Olympics in the 2030 period when Boston will be 400

Too late for your prescription. You are aware that the City has become a forest of modernist towers of late, aren't you?

Back