Lincoln Square Boy's Club | Salisbury Street | Worcester

cubalibre

Reaction score
The former Worcester Lincoln Square Boy's Club / Vocational School building has been sitting empty for over 20 years. WinnCompanies is now redeveloping the property into 95-100 senior housing units. The original building will hold 30 of those units once it's completely renovated, and new construction above the Johnson tunnel will house the remaining 65-70 apartments. Some portions of original structure will be set aside for public access. 80% of the units are slated to be "affordable". Construction could start in 2022.

winn1.jpg

winn2.jpg

winn3.jpg

source: MassLive/ WinnDevelopment

Current situation:
78EB1AE3-CCDC-43AA-A5DC-F3F46E7414D3.jpeg

source: me

Last edited:
Good: The restored building
Bad: The horrible thing they're putting up next to it... looks cheap as fuck.

Good: The restored building
Bad: The horrible thing they're putting up next to it... looks cheap as fuck.

The new build is nothing fancy, but if it means saving the Voke building, I'm all for it.

The new build is nothing fancy, but if it means saving the Voke building, I'm all for it.

Just an FYI, The Boys Club isnt the Worcester Voke school. The Voke school is already “saved”. It was converted to apartments four or five years ago.

This article shows some interesting interior shots of the old building. It was written when the place was supposed to be converted into a center for people with high-functioning autism.

Wonder if they’ll salvage that swimming pool now.

I always thought that the Lincoln Square Tunnel should be used for access to underground parking for whatever's built on this block.

I always thought that the Lincoln Square Tunnel should be used for access to underground parking for whatever's built on this block.

Bit unnecessarily complicated for this area... Grove Street is pretty much dead as it is except for a minor cutthrough to avoid the Salisbury/Lincoln St intersection.

I am super confused about this one... Prescott St is nowhere near the site of this lot. This thing is going to be abutting Lincoln St from what I can tell.

The new building is hideous also and in a very visible location.

Yes, definitely not Prescott Street. I think on top of the parking lot and that tunnel entrance that leads to Main Street.

BAA54974-4CBC-45B8-B463-426CA20FF392.jpeg

I am super confused about this one... Prescott St is nowhere near the site of this lot. This thing is going to be abutting Lincoln St from what I can tell.

The new building is hideous also and in a very visible location.

Who said anything about Prescott?

It’s being built over both, the tunnel and Prescott Street. Well a portion of the Tunnel and the remnants of Prescott Street, just to the left of the tunnel, it’s the portion that used to lead to Lincoln Square, most people think it’s a parking lot, but that is actually a portion of Prescott Street.

The tunnel is a relic of poor planning and needs to go.

Car centric city. Not saying in a negative way, there has always been a lot of traffic at this location. I attached a photo of the prior rotary, Boys Club on the right. At least the current park is accessible to pedestrians??
image001.jpg

Back