Lincoln Square, Portland's tallest proposed building

The slender side would have faced the skyline spine and would have looked great. But not a huge fan of the design. There was also a modern version of that proposal I'm sure some have seen (and its in the renderings)

The taller proposal
scan0001tz.jpg

scan0002kq.jpg

scan0003ws.jpg

scan0004vm.jpg

scan0005do.jpg

scan0006tj.jpg

scan0008cu.jpg

scan0009v.jpg

These are the renderings of the scaled down proposal
scan0010j.jpg

scan0011j.jpg

scan0011j.jpg

scan0012t.jpg

scan0015u.jpg

scan0013q.jpg

scan0016t.jpg

scan0014t.jpg

scan0018i.jpg

scan0019i.jpg

scan0020hv.jpg

scan0021b.jpg

scan0022y.jpg

The proportions of the taller proposal are definitely nicer, but I think the lower proposal addresses the street much better (not that this couldn't be done in the taller one, though).

The strong street wall in these images is much nicer than the setback court of the top images. While the setback court seems to recall the nearby City Hall, I think the stronger street wall is particularly important in relation to the park:

scan0016t.jpg

scan0018i.jpg

PS. I love the Saab 900 in that rendering.

What a shame. What are the chances of the newer proposal getting built or is it completely dead?

What a shame. What are the chances of the newer proposal getting built

The newer proposal is also old now (2005) and is not being pursued.

Then there was a proposal for a 15 story (150 foot actually, but only 12 stories) across the street in 2007. That too is not being pursued. No demand.

Any chance these proposals will see renewed interest when the economy turns around and financing becomes available?

Any chance these proposals will see renewed interest when the economy turns around and financing becomes available?

No. The biggest of the proposals was for a company that located out in Scarborough and it has been over two decades since it was dropped. The second biggest proposal had an option on the land, and that expired in 2005. There is, however, a chance that if and when a developer wants to build tall in Portland, they will consider this same site. It is zoned accordingly.

Back