Logan Airport Capital Projects

Will the Shell station feature DC Fast Charging for electric vehicles? Asking for a friend...

My beef with the gas station is that it runs counter to Massport's outlined ground transportation goals. Need a place to refill your rental car before return? Fine--I can understand that. But if Massport's seeking to discourage TNC journeys to/from Logan, then they shouldn't give them a place to fuel up, let alone a place to idle on the airport property.

Providing an on-site fueling station for people returning rental cars is a US standard for airports. Doing otherwise would look like Massport is supporting price gouging by the rental companies.

Providing an on-site fueling station for people returning rental cars is a US standard for airports. Doing otherwise would look like Massport is supporting price gouging by the rental companies.

It's striking when this isn't the case. I rented a car in Philly and refilling before dropping off was really difficult, even with all the assistance of digital maps.

Whoever is in charge of their file management should be fired, that first document is titled "BOSTON GLOBE 22 MAY 2003" and the second one is titled "[***INSERT CONTRACT TITLE AND FACILITY***]"

:) At least it's out there and not hidden behind a CommBUYS registration.

Interesting issue at SFO with a consolidated Uber pickup area. I think this is the mdeol Logan is planning

https://www.sfgate.com/travel/article/Sunday-night-SFO-14014429.php#photo-17626556

For the second Sunday night in a row, the new rideshare pickup area at San Francisco International Airport turned into a heated and chaotic scene as hundreds of drivers and riders struggled to find each other.

As we reported last week, on Sunday, June 9, riders waited up to an hour to find rides in the new central pick up zone on the top floor of the central parking deck at SFO, taking to Twitter to vent their frustrations. Drivers lined up to enter the new zone in a queue that extended out of the airport and down Highway 101.

Noticed the other day that the Gulf station, over by terminal E, was being demolished.

Noticed the other day that the Gulf station, over by terminal E, was being demolished.

Nice. Looks they're starting prep work on the first phase of the terminal E expansion.

Nice. Looks they're starting prep work on the first phase of the terminal E expansion.

I'm actually thinking this is for parking while parking lots in front of the terminal are closed for garage construction.

Terminal B construction has just finished up. I've never flown from either side of Terminal B so I cannot comment on the before/after but sure looks like MassPort did a stellar job with colors, lighting, flooring, windows, and those sports murals. I fly Jet Blue all the time and the new connector gates between Terminal C and E are spectacular, more like a private lounge than an area for the general public. Plus, the Massachusetts Firsts Wall and Video Screen are so cool. MassPort sure has come a long way in their design process.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/travel/ar...ructed-terminal-b-at-logan-airport/vi-AADbqut

https://video.search.yahoo.com/sear...=09f5710c28d9cef2c064d701aa741f25&action=view

Terminal B construction has just finished up. I've never flown from either side of Terminal B so I cannot comment on the before/after but sure looks like MassPort did a stellar job with colors, lighting, flooring, windows, and those sports murals. I fly Jet Blue all the time and the new connector gates between Terminal C and E are spectacular, more like a private lounge than an area for the general public. Plus, the Massachusetts Firsts Wall and Video Screen are so cool. MassPort sure has come a long way in their design process.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/travel/ar...ructed-terminal-b-at-logan-airport/vi-AADbqut

https://video.search.yahoo.com/sear...=09f5710c28d9cef2c064d701aa741f25&action=view

Flew from it two weeks ago, wasn't *technically* finished but it really was, first impressions are its a great improvement, it was 4:30am so I was half asleep but fantastic improvement. One thing I noticed though was the insane number of cameras in the new terminal area and new consolidated security area... I get it, its an airport and security is important but like I took this photo and if you click through you'll find 22 cameras in one photo...

https://postimg.cc/DStwD83X
20190522-043730.jpg

20190522-044905.jpg

Design reminded me a lot of the renovation at Charlotte, where I landed two hours later, but Charlotte has some fabulous digital art in their new terminal space:
20190526-211408.jpg

...One thing I noticed though was the insane number of cameras in the new terminal area and new consolidated security area... I get it, its an airport and security is important but like I took this photo and if you click through you'll find 22 cameras in one photo...

Try anywhere in London

I was in Oxford Circus Station and took a risk to take a photo of an announcement which said

"We are sorry for any inconvenience due to construction as we install 200 more Cameras for your safety"

The next time that I was in London I was stopped and "interviewed" when I put my bag down outside the Westminster Station and walked about 10 paces to take a couple pictures of Big Ben -- Coincidence?

Try anywhere in London

Britain is kinda... insane with their surveillance... Like their national number plate reading system which they claim to have over 8500 cameras tracking the movement of every car in the UK... Last time I was there I paid attention when I drove and yep almost every bridge over a highway has little ANPR readers attached to them reading every car that drives under it... Lovely... and tfl reported having over 14,000 cameras in 2014 I think so who knows what they're up to now... I honestly can't imagine what they do with that much sheer data... even the 70-80 cameras watching the security checkpoint in terminal B must be a lot to keep track of...

Britain is kinda... insane with their surveillance... Like their national number plate reading system which they claim to have over 8500 cameras tracking the movement of every car in the UK... Last time I was there I paid attention when I drove and yep almost every bridge over a highway has little ANPR readers attached to them reading every car that drives under it... Lovely... and tfl reported having over 14,000 cameras in 2014 I think so who knows what they're up to now... I honestly can't imagine what they do with that much sheer data... even the 70-80 cameras watching the security checkpoint in terminal B must be a lot to keep track of...

The way I got caught -- I put my bag down just outside the entrance to the station and walked away something like 5 meters for about 2 minutes -- it was all done by a computer

The separation between me and the bag exceeded some [unspecified limit] and I didn't return to pick up the bag within the [unspecified time] -- AN ALARM OCCURRED -- a civilian auxiliary to the Metropolitan Police [doing the Maytag Repairman] thing is some cubbyhole in the Station came out and we had a "very British" chat about security -- supreme irony -- I was en-route to a Security Conference in Poland

I flew AA last week and was pretty impressed with the work. Massport has done a great job of working with limited real estate and making some great updates and modest expansions to Logan over the last decade or so. I didn't walk over the the 3 Air Canada gates, but I am sure once that area is opened up with the rest of the terminal it's going to make the experience for AC passengers significantly better.

I'd eventually like to see them demolish and rebuild the piers in Terminal C to have much higher ceilings and more glass.

....Massport has done a great job of working with limited real estate and making some great updates and modest expansions to Logan over the last decade or so. I didn't walk over the the 3 Air Canada gates, but I am sure once that area is opened up with the rest of the terminal it's going to make the experience for AC passengers significantly better.

I'd eventually like to see them demolish and rebuild the piers in Terminal C to have much higher ceilings and more glass.

Mass-- Massport New Capital Budget has a line for Term C by others
Jet Blue in making Logan into a "Hub" has plans for a lot more work on Term C which has essentially become the Jet Blue Terminal

Overall in the next decade you will see a "Neo/Nuevo Logan"
starting with the current B-C Connector
and proceeding through the New International Terminal project,
the connector to the T
and the Terminal to Terminal people mover
possibly the long discussed central check-in

Back