Logan Airport Flights and Airlines Discussion

Don’t think it has been picked up here or any of the usual blogs, but DL is running a daily BOS-SLC-BOS A333 turn until Saturday 9/11 (20 years :cry:). Great ride for anyone heading west in the coming weeks, especially any SM/GM members that would rarely have upgrade success on this route.

Pax last Saturday even got treated to the flagship A350-900.

Spirit is doing Boston-EWR again apparently. My friend was on it this past weekend

The other shoe just dropped (NEA).

Last edited:
Frontier adds Boston-Cancun with daily service starting 12/16/2021.

I am wondering if this will signal larger trend for winter, airlines add more leisure destinations. I was listening to NPR the other day and for July, Logan handled 55% more passengers than Massport had expected. It seems the passenger rebound may happen a bit faster than Massport has projected. I think they are not expecting passenger numbers to hit pre-pandemic levels until 2024.

Delta is expanding Boston. Service to San Diego, Denver, Baltimore/Washington, Athens and Tel Aviv are added.

Athens starts on May 27, 2022 3 times a week
Tel Aviv starts on May 26, 2022 3 times a week

Denver, San Diego, and Baltimore/Washington all start on July 11, 2022.

This means that in summer 2022, Delta will serve London, Paris, Amsterdam, Dublin, Edinburg, Lisbon, Rome, Athens and Tel Aviv non-stop from Boston.

There really aren't a whole lot of cities domestically for Delta to serve now that San Diego and Denver are being added. Denver and San Diego will each be once daily. BWI will be up to 5 daily.

Last edited:

Delta is expanding Boston. Service to San Diego, Denver, Baltimore/Washington, Athens and Tel Aviv are added.

Athens starts on May 27, 2022 3 times a week
Tel Aviv starts on May 26, 2022 3 times a week

Denver, San Diego, and Baltimore/Washington all start on July 11, 2022.

This means that in summer 2022, Delta will serve London, Paris, Amsterdam, Dublin, Edinburg, Lisbon, Rome, Athens and Tel Aviv non-stop from Boston.

There really aren't a whole lot of cities domestically for Delta to serve now that San Diego and Denver are being added. Denver and San Diego will each be once daily. BWI will be up to 5 daily.

Great news for Tel Aviv since El Al appears to have emptied their offices at Logan per airliners Boston thread.

Denver is a smart move since its sneakily high in O+D from Boston. Top 20 CSA's not served by Delta are now Houston, Phoenix, Portland-OR, and St-Louis. Portland Oregon is tough to serve year-round (just ask JetBlue who goes from 0 in winter to two daily). Houston is tough if you are not United or Southwest.

Delta could look at Madison WI, Omaha, Des Moines, Birmingham-AL, or Spartanburg-SC with E-170/E-175's

A real nice follow-up to adamd8297's and mass88's "The point's guy" articles.
Delta, you are badass with your ramping up your flights at Logan.

Last edited:
An underserved airport from Boston Delta could tap into is San Jose. Jetblue does occasional trips there and it is a nice alternative direct Bay Area destination closer to SV and South Bay. I would love to see Delta consider this. Speaking about this as I have a work trip to south of San Jose and we will have to drive an hour to SFO or have a layover if coming from San Jose

Greenville, Omaha, Des Moines, Greensboro, Madison are the biggest glaring omissions at Logan right now.

Sun Country announced plans to fly non-stop to Madison from Logan before the pandemic. Haven't heard anything about the route since. It would be great if Delta picked it up.

Question - Hawaiian Airlines is no longer listed on the electronic billboard of airlines in Terminal E. I think they are still flying direct to Honolulu. Any idea why?

Also, Royal Air Maroc is no longer listed either. Are they a Covid victim?

Question - Hawaiian Airlines is no longer listed on the electronic billboard of airlines in Terminal E. I think they are still flying direct to Honolulu. Any idea why?

Also, Royal Air Maroc is no longer listed either. Are they a Covid victim?

Hawaiian is still operating Honolulu-Boston. I believe it's currently being run 4 times a week. On Massport's website, it lists Hawaiian operating out of terminal E.

Royal Air Maroc has only been flying to JFK and DC and they just announced a resumption of Miami service, due to start back up on 5/13/2022. No word on if Boston will come back online.

Back