Logan Airport Flights and Airlines Discussion

I believe JetBlue started its service from Logan to Heathrow yesterday. I think that currently makes 9 non-stops a day from Logan to London airports which matches the most ever between Boston and London.

4875F90F-D5A4-4414-85F7-5AFA2B54EDF8.jpeg

Yup, was a long time in coming, but it’s happening!

It'll be interesting to see where Jetblue goes to next across the Atlantic. I'd imagine cities like Dublin, Manchester, Shannon, Edinburgh, Lisbon, Madrid, Glasgow, Brussels, Paris, Amsterdam and Barcelona are being studied for Europe. Hopefully they're able to eventually start service to Vancouver in 2023.

Delta has made some additional changes to their European service from Boston.

Rome - Effective March 8, 2023, A330-900neo will replace A330-300
Paris - Effective March 8, 2023, A330-900neo will replace A330-300
Athens - Service will begin 3 weeks earlier than it did in 2022. May 8, 2023 is now the start date of their seasonal service to Athens which runs through the end of September. (They previously announced this seasonal service will increase from 3 to 4 weekly)

Last edited:
It'll be interesting to see where Jetblue goes to next across the Atlantic. I'd imagine cities like Dublin, Manchester, Shannon, Edinburgh, Lisbon, Madrid, Glasgow, Brussels, Paris, Amsterdam and Barcelona are being studied for Europe. Hopefully they're able to eventually start service to Vancouver in 2023.
JetBlue codeshares with AerLingus on Dublin and Shannon so I'd say it's pretty unlikely to see any Ireland expansion unless they dropped their partnership.

Delta is adding non-stop service to Rochester.

1 daily flight beginning November 9.

DL2466 BOS 2025 – 2148ROC 319 D
DL2726 ROC0 505 – 0629BOS 319 D

Surprised it's mainline equipment on this route and not Republic (Delta Connection).

Based on the timing it seems like it’s a parking spot.

Too many at Boston overnight?

Based on the timing it seems like it’s a parking spot.

Too many at Boston overnight?

Most likely. The fact that it's on mainline, only once daily, and the timings would support this. Delta has a large bank of flights that leave Boston between 6:30 am and 8:30 am, so parking is probably lack overnight.

Last edited:
Didn't realize that Westjet is ending their YYZ flight later this month. YYC remains on the schedule for next summer.
That's a hole in the Delta network, and one they have tried in the past.

Didn't realize that Westjet is ending their YYZ flight later this month. YYC remains on the schedule for next summer.
That's a hole in the Delta network, and one they have tried in the past.

With Toronto seeing multiple flights a day between YYZ and BOS on Air Canada and American (though not mainline) and between YYT and BOS on Porter (does a Dash 8 count as mainline if that's all they've got?), it's not particularly surprising that WestJet isn't finding it terribly competitive to run BOS-TOR, the other airlines' daily flights outnumber them by at least 4-1 (oddly appropriate, that).

I do wonder if they might try chucking one or two of Endeavor's CRJs on that route, given that now they can't even point to a partner airline operating that, and it is a bit of a glaring hole given Logan's the only one of the non-West Coast hubs without direct service DL or Delta Connection metal.

They're also adding Buffalo with a321s on a similar schedule.

Overnight parking

Like this past summer schedule, British Airways will be running one of their daily flights with the A380 for their summer 2023 schedule, which runs from March 23, 2023 through October 28, 2023.

Like this past summer schedule, British Airways will be running one of their daily flights with the A380 for their summer 2023 schedule, which runs from March 23, 2023 through October 28, 2023.

Based on the schedule loaded right now we'll see an increase in 4-engine operations at Logan next summer as LX52/53 goes back to A340-300. Lufthansa has the same equipment loaded as this summer (B744, A346, and A343)

The only other notable equipment changes I've seen are that BA238/239 goes to B789 and United's SFO flights all go to B752.

Based on the schedule loaded right now we'll see an increase in 4-engine operations at Logan next summer as LX52/53 goes back to A340-300. Lufthansa has the same equipment loaded as this summer (B744, A346, and A343)

The only other notable equipment changes I've seen are that BA238/239 goes to B789 and United's SFO flights all go to B752.

From March 26, 2023 - June 30, 2023, Lufthansa is going to run an Airbus A350-900XWB on Munich service, replacing an Airbus A340-600.

SWISS is going to run an Airbus A330-300 instead of the planed Airbus A340-300 on Zurich service.

Last edited:

According to Routes 360 Report, JetBlue will be seeking opening of a new transatlantic service between JFK and Boston to Paris in June 2023.

In the Boston-London market, JetBlue will be the sole operator of BOS-LGW flights but will face strong competition on a city-pair basis. Five other carriers currently offer scheduled BOS-LHR flights, with American Airlines, Delta Air Lines, United Airlines and Virgin Atlantic providing daily service, and British Airways (BA) operating double-daily.

According to Routes 360 Report, JetBlue will be seeking opening of a new transatlantic service between JFK and Boston to Paris in June 2023.

In the Boston-London market, JetBlue will be the sole operator of BOS-LGW flights but will face strong competition on a city-pair basis. Five other carriers currently offer scheduled BOS-LHR flights, with American Airlines, Delta Air Lines, United Airlines and Virgin Atlantic providing daily service, and British Airways (BA) operating double-daily.

Interesting that their strategy is to try routes with a lot of existing capacity rather that try newer light/lean destinations utilizing their fuel efficient narrow bodies. I guess it's not much different from their efforts to compete at big hubs like ATL, DTW, EWR, CLT, etc.

Also, does anyone know how United is doing on BOS-LHR? Unless they're funneling a decent amount of connecting traffic through BOS, I'd think they're sort of the odd man out on the route for O&D passengers (unless there are more Star Alliance loyalists in BOS than I realized).

Lufthansa is going to run an Airbus A350-900XWB on Munich service, replacing an Airbus A340-600.

SWISS is going to run an Airbus A330-300 instead of the planed Airbus A340-300 on Zurich service.

Double Boo. I always love seeing 4-engine planes (the A340) coming in/out. Unlike the A340, the A350 and A330 are double-engine, I believe?

Back