Logan Airport Flights and Airlines Discussion

Not surprising, but Etihad and JetBlue are expanding their codeshare agreements on a large number of Boston routes just in time for Eithad's new year round, non-stop service to Abu Dhabi.

Looking at FlightAware schedule from yesterday October 25, Aer Lingus flies two A-333s, and Delta flies a B-763, BOS_DUB daily. All wide-bodies. Maybe Boston-Edinburgh would be a more promising route.

Aer Lingus operates Dublin-Boston once daily, year round on an A330-300. They run a second daily flight on an A330-300 for about 7 and a half months a year.

They do run narrow body planes on their year round, daily non-stop service to Shannon.

Aer Lingus operates Dublin-Boston once daily, year round on an A330-300. They run a second daily flight on an A330-300 for about 7 and a half months a year.

They do run narrow body planes on their year round, daily non-stop service to Shannon.

Ten months. Doesn’t run in January and February.

This ad started showing up in my social feed. I can’t find the flight loaded anywhere and I haven’t seen an announcement. Anyone know something I don’t? I know Air India - Boston has long been rumored.
IMG_8854.jpeg

*edit* I’m getting them for Mumbai too. Maybe they’re just Air India ads rather than route announcements, but it seems weird considering their lack of presence here. The AI website isn’t even showing availability for me on Star Alliance partners so I’m not sure what the point is.

Last edited:

Aeromexico has loaded their upcoming return to Boston. Daily flights begin March 21, 2024. They will use 737-8 equipment.

Mexico City to Boston
Departs at 1:00 pm arrives at 8:05 pm

Boston to Mexico City
Departs at 10:01 am arrives at 1:35 pm
That schedule - woof. I would have thought the BOS arrival would have been scheduled to facilitate some Europe connections on Delta. Apparently not. And I'm surprised that they're going to park the plane overnight at BOS. At least the arrival in MEX should work for Latin America connections.

Last edited:
That schedule - woof. I would have thought the BOS arrival would have been scheduled to facilitate some Europe connections on Delta. Apparently not. And I'm surprised that they're going to park the plan overnight at BOS. At least the arrival in MEX should work for Latin America connections.
It's certainly not great but there is *a* connection or two you could reasonably expect to make, especially if you're a US citizen w/Global Entry or the like.

Looks like DL currently has a 10:45 to Lisbon and a 10:15 to Dublin. And via Virgin there's a 10:15 to London.

That schedule - woof. I would have thought the BOS arrival would have been scheduled to facilitate some Europe connections on Delta. Apparently not. And I'm surprised that they're going to park the plan overnight at BOS. At least the arrival in MEX should work for Latin America connections.

I don't know how much opportunity there would be for connections. AM/AF/KL operate MEX-AMS/CDG/FCO/LHR.

I don't know how much opportunity there would be for connections. AM/AF/KL operate MEX-AMS/CDG/FCO/LHR.
You're right, I doubt anyone would be connecting at BOS for AMS/CDG/FCO. But It would be another one-stop option to DUB, EDI, TLV, ATH, LIS, etc. And I don't know that London wouldn't still be appealing as a 1-stop via BOS. AM flies the route 1x daily departing at 10:30pm and arriving mid/late afternoon. The shorter overnight flight on DL or VS from BOS arriving earlier in the AM would likely appeal to some if the MEX-BOS leg was scheduled to allow for that transfer.

Some NW 2023 updates:

Air France will run a 77W on their daily CDG-BOS service 6/7 a 772 1/7.
1698716131948.png

Virgin Atlantic will reduce its LHR-BOS service from once daily to 6 weekly for the following period:

1698716219063.png

Turkish is delaying changing its IST-BOS service from A330-300 to 787-9 equipment.
1698716272273.png

Also for Turkish, they had filed a change from A330-300 to A350-9 for the NS 2024 season. That has now been changed to keep the A330-300. Something tells me Boston is one of their weaker performing US routes.

1698716449138.png

Some more updates:

Delta is bringing back service to Providenciales (Turks & Caicos) with once weekly service starting on February 17, 2024. I believe this will be the only Boston route that uses the A319.

1698785434348.png

American is going to suspend its LHR service for a few weeks in February

1698785489094.png

Delta is reducing the length of Dublin service suspension
1698785550903.png

Delta is going to reduce service to CDG for a month and a half. A339 is going to replace A333.
1698785631702.png

Attachments

• 1698785601325.png
    1698785601325.png
    4.7 KB · Views: 25
Some more updates:

Delta is bringing back service to Providenciales (Turks & Caicos) with once weekly service starting on February 17, 2024. I believe this will be the only Boston route that uses the A319.

View attachment 44004
Highly unlikely they’re shuttling in an empty plane from elsewhere in their network just to run that flight. It’s almost certainly operating something during the week and otherwise sitting around on Saturdays.

Highly unlikely they’re shuttling in an empty plane from elsewhere in their network just to run that flight. It’s almost certainly operating something during the week and otherwise sitting around on Saturdays.
I see Boston-Austin operating one flight with A319 in March.

Also, while looking at March schedules Spirit has 4-5 daily flights to Orlando. When did that happen?

Looks like JetBlue, along with several other airlines, are going to be shutout of serving Amsterdam beginning summer 2024.

Last edited:
Looks like JetBlue, along with several other airlines, are going to be shutout of serving Amsterdam beginning summer 2024.

They should replace it with Brussels. Not the largest market but I would think it's large enough for a daily A321.

They should replace it with Brussels. Not the largest market but I would think it's large enough for a daily A321.
I would imagine JetBlue is going to continue the approach of trying to compete in markets already served out of BOS rather than trying to launch service to a new market. I'm not saying it's the best approach, but it seems to be what they're doing.

I would imagine JetBlue is going to continue the approach of trying to compete in markets already served out of BOS rather than trying to launch service to a new market. I'm not saying it's the best approach, but it seems to be what they're doing.

The retaliatory option would be CPH -- pulling a page out of the NW playbook to attack KL :ROFLMAO:
I don't know if I see them going against LH on FRA or MUC yet.
IB has been unchallenged on MAD since DY's brief foray into that market.

It wouldn't be the first time, I flew round trip from Boston to Frankfurt via Brussels on a SABENA A310 in 1995. Per some chatter elsewhere, that route began in the 1980s. I think it remained until SABENA went under and was replaced by SN Brussels Airlines, which (I think) ran it for a little while until terminating the route. It was a great little airline.

Back