Logan Airport Flights and Airlines Discussion

There has to be leakage to Amsterdam from Brussels There is convenient train service to multiple points Belgium from Schiphol Airport.

However, taking a train from Brussels Airport to Amsterdam would be a tough sell to American travellers.

Hainan is returning to Boston as of the end of this month. Service from Beijing - Capital will be flown 3 times per week using B789 equipment and flights will begin on November 26. There is set to be a stop in SEA on the way to PEK.

1699531682049.png

Attachments

• 1699531673426.png
    1699531673426.png
    9.3 KB · Views: 23
Hainan is returning to Boston as of the end of this month. Service from Beijing - Capital will be flown 3 times per week using B789 equipment and flights will begin on November 26. There is set to be a stop in SEA on the way to PEK.

View attachment 44302
That arrival time in China is terrible but it is what it is for now. Wouldn't a triangle route with Chicago be more palatable? I think Hainan had rights to Chicago at one point.

That arrival time in China is terrible but it is what it is for now. Wouldn't a triangle route with Chicago be more palatable? I think Hainan had rights to Chicago at one point.
Chicago doesn't have any direct flights to/from China at the moment, by any airline. We'll have to wait for more flights to be approved by USDOT and China, as the number of US-China flights is still artificially limited and a far cry from its peak (70 weekly round trips now, up to 340 in 2019), likely due to political reasons.

Is Lisbon a large enough market for 3 airlines from Boston? Unless this is just for JFK flights.

You'd think JetBlue would try some unserved routes.
My personal opinion is that JetBlue doesn't want to be seen as a low-cost / leisure airline, but rather wants to be seen as a viable alternative to the 3 legacy carriers, which perforce means flying to the same places.

Some make sense, like LON or CDG - but I'd agree that LIS dosn't seem like a particularly robust market, especially for high yield biz travellers. It's not what I would have picked - This would be the 4th Portugal flight? I believe Azores is launching a Porto flight next year. I'd have gone for BRU especially with Sanofi and if they're getting forced out of AMS.

My personal opinion is that JetBlue doesn't want to be seen as a low-cost / leisure airline, but rather wants to be seen as a viable alternative to the 3 legacy carriers, which perforce means flying to the same places.

Some make sense, like LON or CDG - but I'd agree that LIS dosn't seem like a particularly robust market, especially for high yield biz travellers. It's not what I would have picked - This would be the 4th Portugal flight? I believe Azores is launching a Porto flight next year. I'd have gone for BRU especially with Sanofi and if they're getting forced out of AMS.

I think their newest A321neos are being delivered with ETOPS and a less-premium configuration than their A321LRs. I could see them deploying those to destinations like LIS, especially if they could squeeze out a lot of utilization with smart routing and pairing with transcons.

Is Lisbon a large enough market for 3 airlines from Boston? Unless this is just for JFK flights.

You'd think JetBlue would try some unserved routes.

I think Stlin is right, but LIS is a weird place to prove the point that you're not a low-cost/leisure airline. The growth at LIS is largely due to the increased popularity of Portugal as a leisure destination (that, and TAP's efforts to make LIS a hub for travel between North America/Europe and North and West Africa). Not because Lisbon is a major business travel destination.

Again, I personally think JetBlue is really going after Delta and Delta's market (Delta flies both BOS and JFK to LIS). It's not a drastic departure from their domestic expansion strategy here.

Delta is starting its season service to Athens a month earlier than last year and it will also operate daily. I believe last year it ran 4 times per week.

1700579071483.png

SAS will run service to Copenhagen on A359 equipment next summer, instead of 321LR.
Wow that's a big upgauge, but not surprising with their (eventual) move to SkyTeam.

Not sure if it's confirmed yet, but LH422/423 is loaded as A346 for this summer after being a mix of A333/A343 last year.

Back