Logan Airport Flights and Airlines Discussion

TAP Air Portugal is going increase capacity on its non-stop service to Lisbon this summer. The A332 and A339 will be operating on certain days versus the current A32N.

1706619048340.png

Austrian Airlines is going to launch non-stop service to Vienna. Flights begin July 1 using B763 equipment. 5 weekly for the first week, and then increased to 6 weekly from the second week on. Schedules for Austrian run through 10/26/24. No idea if this will be a seasonal service, or will run at a reduced frequency from November - March.

1706619923660.png

Austrian Airlines is going to launch non-stop service to Vienna. Flights begin July 1 using B763 equipment. 5 weekly for the first week, and then increased to 6 weekly from the second week on. Schedules for Austrian run through 10/26/24. No idea if this will be a seasonal service, or will run at a reduced frequency from November - March.

View attachment 47237
This link says year round per Lufthansa Group but unclear of reduced frequency - https://www.flightglobal.com/airlin...open-new-transatlantic-service/156704.article

View attachment 47237
That's great news. Vienna is an absolutely amazing place to visit. Looking forward to taking advantage of this in the coming years!

I'm highly doubtful people want to visit Vancouver when it's not much warmer than Boston and basically every other day rains, as opposed to in summer when it's (Generally) cooler than Boston, not rainy, and you're in the PNW so outdoorsy stuff is cheap, gorgeous, and plentiful.
This family of four spent two weeks in Vancouver/Sunshine Coast/Vancouver Island in July 2022 and loved it. Weather not any warmer than Boston, and the water colder, but the scenery was spectacular and the lack of crowds, no restaurant reservations needed, easy parking next to beautiful beaches was very refreshing. Flew that Air Canada direct flight home. Outbound via Toronto.

This family of four spent two weeks in Vancouver/Sunshine Coast/Vancouver Island in July 2022 and loved it. Weather not any warmer than Boston, and the water colder, but the scenery was spectacular and the lack of crowds, no restaurant reservations needed, easy parking next to beautiful beaches was very refreshing. Flew that Air Canada direct flight home. Outbound via Toronto.
That was my whole point, Vancouver is a great destination in summer, less so in winter.

It's interesting that AC, B6, and DL all don't think BOS-YVR can work year-round considering the 223 seems like the perfect equipment for the route. AC and DL obviously would rather push traffic over their hubs, but B6 flies JFK-YVR daily with a 223.

Avianca is increasing Boston-San Salvador to 4 weekly in April.

Avianca is supposed to increase BOS-BOG to daily and then 5 weekly from June. It looks like only 4 weekly when I ran a non-stop search on Google ITA. However it is actually 7 weekly frequencies with Sun Wed Fri having 2 flights and Monday having 1. No flights on Tues/Thurs. I cannot recall a schedule like that!!!!

Qatar is increasing its service to Boston from daily to 10x weekly beginning May 15. The additional frequencies will operate with the A359, which is what the current daily service operates with.

View attachment 47374
I took Qatar on a trip to Singapore last year. It was a really nice flight with excellent connections in Doha, so I'm not surprised they are increasing to 10x weekly. I would certainly fly them again.

I took Qatar on a trip to Singapore last year. It was a really nice flight with excellent connections in Doha, so I'm not surprised they are increasing to 10x weekly. I would certainly fly them again.
They're by far my preferred option to India and East Africa. Doha's a great airport for connections. Their stopover program is pretty great too, and their transit visa is excellent if you only have 6 hours or so. There are guided tours, but it's easy enough to grab an Uber or take the metro (which is very nice and was extremely underutilized when I last rode it in October) to Souq Waqif, The Corniche, the Dhow Harbor, Museum of Islamic Art (tough for arrivals from BOS due to time of arrival in the evening - the 6:25am arrival on the new flight should be better), etc. I think an Uber worked out to be around $9 and took 15 minutes. Of course, the airport is a destination in and of itself.

I'm a little surprised it's QR going beyond daily before EK.

They're by far my preferred option to India and East Africa. Doha's a great airport for connections. Their stopover program is pretty great too, and their transit visa is excellent if you only have 6 hours or so. There are guided tours, but it's easy enough to grab an Uber or take the metro (which is very nice and was extremely underutilized when I last rode it in October) to Souq Waqif, The Corniche, the Dhow Harbor, Museum of Islamic Art (tough for arrivals from BOS due to time of arrival in the evening - the 6:25am arrival on the new flight should be better), etc. I think an Uber worked out to be around $9 and took 15 minutes. Of course, the airport is a destination in and of itself.

That sounds so nice! I had to settle for buying a Starbuck's mug at the airport and shopping for some souvenirs at the gift shop. :)

Avianca is increasing Boston-San Salvador to 4 weekly in April.

Avianca is supposed to increase BOS-BOG to daily and then 5 weekly from June. It looks like only 4 weekly when I ran a non-stop search on Google ITA. However it is actually 7 weekly frequencies with Sun Wed Fri having 2 flights and Monday having 1. No flights on Tues/Thurs. I cannot recall a schedule like that!!!!

I must have checked this on a day they were shifting or reloading the schedule. The BOS-BOG flight now comes up as 1 daily through the entire summer.

I'm a little surprised it's QR going beyond daily before EK.

I am not. EK cut ties with JetBlue. QR has increased ties with them and has a better overall network in terms of total destination served. I think EK still wins on Indian Subcontinent destinations but its close.

Which airport is the better overall experience? Doha, or Dubai?

Back