Loose Change

The Manchurian Incident was the same sort of deal. The Japanese military staged a terrorist attack in a province of China for an excuse to invade a resource rich region, and the result was WWII in Asia. For that reason it is not totally absurd to question if our own government acted similarly. The middle east is a resource rich region. we need resources. Also, the guy we blamed the events on is part of a family that has ties with the current administration, and has, surprisingly, not yet been caught, despite being supposedly tracked by the most capable armed forces in the world. yet we can find and nab the ruler of a nearby country in a hole in the ground? If we wanted Usama, I believe he would be in custody right now. It makes you wonder, then, why isn't he? For all this country has given me, however, I am still willing to give it the benefit of the doubt.

Patrick said:
The Manchurian Incident was the same sort of deal. The Japanese military staged a terrorist attack in a province of China for an excuse to invade a resource rich region, and the result was WWII in Asia. For that reason it is not totally absurd to question if our own government acted similarly. The middle east is a resource rich region. we need resources. Also, the guy we blamed the events on is part of a family that has ties with the current administration, and has, surprisingly, not yet been caught, despite being supposedly tracked by the most capable armed forces in the world. yet we can find and nab the ruler of a nearby country in a hole in the ground? If we wanted Usama, I believe he would be in custody right now. It makes you wonder, then, why isn't he? For all this country has given me, however, I am still willing to give it the benefit of the doubt.

youre annoying

DudeUrSistersHot said:
Patrick said:

youre annoying

Thanks for that contribution. The substance was amazing.

Is anyone familiar with the Mukden incident? i thought it was basic 10th grade history. I studied it more in depth in college, but Im pretty sure it was covered in High School, too, under the term the manchurian incident.

Popular Mechanics has a very extensive book which tears this "truther" movie to bits. Dylan Avery is an absolute creep who seems to take great joy in deceiving the naive without any regard for what damage he is doing.

conspiracy_theories.png

From the awesome xkcd.com

statler said:
conspiracy_theories.png

From the awesome xkcd.com

Glitch in human reasoning? maybe for these types of theories in general, but not in this case.

Cutting context away from facts is a political expertise, not that of individual citizens with no potential gains to be made.

I know you're just trying to add some mid morning humor, but something as significant as 9/11 should not just be dismissed without cnosidering it from all angles....especially when historical fact suggests that if such theories are true, it would not be the first time. See Manchurian Incident, described above.

"I know you're just trying to add some mid morning humor, but something as significant as 9/11 should not just be dismissed without considering it from all angles....especially when historical fact suggests that if such theories are true, it would not be the first time."

Sorry, but this 9/11 conspiracy garbage is on the same level as Holocaust denial. I'm appalled the creators are making money while duping people into not recognizing the people who really are out to kill them. Dylan Avery, one of the creators, was caught on camera making fun of the daughter of one of the flight 93 victims. I honestly can not think of enough words in English to describe how vile I think these people are. I lived through 26 years CPSU propaganda before defecting, so I think I am quite apt at identifying it.

Lurker, I have to respectfully disagree. I don't buy into the decontextualized facts in these movies, or into any theory in particular. But to question what went on that day is not out of line. I believe it would be out of line and unpatriotic not to do so. As soon as you start believing someone or some entity based solely on their word, you open the door to being taken advantage of. gullibility facilitates corruption and exploitation. I'm not saying you have to buy into any conspiracy (I don't). But it is important not to give unwarranted certainty to a belief in something without first considering it from all angles. Doing so is very unwise and even if in this case it doesn't make a difference, in general it could pose problems.

Back