Lynn Waterfront Redevelopment

philip

Reaction score
A friend sent this to me. I recall a plan a few years ago that called for a huge space needle like tower. Also, a plan to inject some high tech business into their downtown, which is quite big, but in bad shape.

This city has alot of potential but, I think, it's unlikely to achieve it any time soon.

It really needs the blue line extension and an active, more lively waterfront. Of course a boost to its economy wouldn't hurt either.

http://projects.sasaki.com/lynnwaterfront/worktodate.html

This is exactly what Boston should have done for the SBW. If Lynn out does Boston there are some officials that are going to have a shit fit.

I like how they have a variety of housing options. There are the more luxury towers in one section and then rowhouses in the older section. This is a very smart plan.

If anyone can get it done, surely it is Sasaki & Associates. I've said it before, they should have been contracted to tie together the Rose Kennedy Greenway. What they did for the Charleston, SC waterfront is nothing short of spectacular.

Now that the GE Gear Plant has been demolished, does anyone know what will happen with the property? Will it be given to the city and included in the Waterfront master plan, sold to the higest bidder or will GE just sit on it for another decade or two.

I used to work in Lynn and I know they plan on developing the area near the GE Plant into commerical property. I am not sure if that area was considered a brownfield/superfund site. The area was used as a toxic dump stop for all the jet engines/chemicals left overs for years. I am excited to hear the waterfront will finally be developed for mixed use. All they need now is to move the blue line up from Revere up to Lynn Beach and the property values in Lynn will be worth investing in.

I wonder how Lynn plans on activating its waterfront. It is severely disadvantaged by the RR tracks, the Lynnway, the parking lots, and the remenants of some port facilities. Of course, it didn't help to have a big fire that destroyed all of the industrial buildings in east of the RR.

Back