Lyrik Back Bay | 1001 Boylston Street (Parcel 12) | Back Bay

If anyone wants to get a look past the fence, the TJ Max across the street goes up a few floors. You can look down into the progress on the plaza between the two towers.

The colossal order windows and massing make the hotel read like the Sheraton’s stumpy brother.

Interesting take. To me, the Sheraton "towers" near the Pru/1 Dalton are the most aggressively unpleasant, stubby eyesores on the skyline. I don't get any of that vibe from this project. It's not an inspired game-changer or statement structure, but it's fine, whereas the Sheraton has been my least liked complex/building in Boston since I was a little kid. It's criminal how those unsightly abominations block a good 1/3 of 1 Dalton from the Cambridge side of the Charles and add an unfriendly, clunky, and unimaginative aesthetic to an otherwise lovely stretch of the city.

I fully support nuking the Sheraton Towers from orbit. That doesn’t stop me from thinking that the colossal order makes the Parcel 12 hotel appear more squat than it is.

From View Boston (6/18):

1687121302815.png

I'm quite surprised that the construction of this project is still going on after crane accident! It look good though!! :)

I'm not a total fan of the cladding, but I will admit it's very different for Boston which is a good thing. I think the plaza will be amazing though. Looking forward to that.

Back