Lyrik Back Bay | 1001 Boylston Street (Parcel 12) | Back Bay

Regarding the conversation above, maybe I've lost my mind but a streetwall and little plaza that should sit silently atop a million lanes of traffic was already good in principle, but these last shots really make it seem like a nice little gathering spot, especially when the hotel opens up and there are a few shops in. Unmitigated good in my opinion, even if the architecture is anodyne or otherwise uninspiring.

11/7

Attachments

• 20231107_162833.jpg
    20231107_162833.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 197
  • 20231107_162914.jpg
    20231107_162914.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 196
What is that big glass thingy with the slanted roof? Is it for an entrance to the Hynes subway station when the redo gets underway?!! :unsure:

Look, that suicide chainlink fence should have been landmarked. It's a part of our culture and history!
When I was a kid in the 1950s, wind blown litter used to get caught and collect under chain link fences. That would be a cultural artifact!

Really exciting to see this wrap up - that plaza space looks great especially when you consider where it is.

I still wish they went with the original green facade. I get comments from friends that these are "just two more ugly buildings." I think some color would've gone a long way.

What is that big glass thingy with the slanted roof? Is it for an entrance to the Hynes subway station when the redo gets underway?!! :unsure:
Yes, it's a new entrance to the station, but it won't have to wait for the full re-do. It should open pretty quickly after the plaza opens. It connects to a long closed tunnel under Mass Ave to the station mezzanine. They don't need to do anything other than unseal it at the other end.

You can see the passageway in this station schematic:

Hynes_Convention_Center_station_layout_2020.svg

Yes, it's a new entrance to the station, but it won't have to wait for the full re-do. It should open pretty quickly after the plaza opens. It connects to a long closed tunnel under Mass Ave to the station mezzanine. They don't need to do anything other than unseal it at the other end.

You can see the passageway in this station schematic:

Hynes_Convention_Center_station_layout_2020.svg
That's what I thought. Thanks!! Hopefully, there will be security cams in there to monitor what is going on to help protect people using it!!! :)

There is retail on the first floor or two yes? Anyone heard whats going in?

With Newbury st. right there, not to mention Berklee and whatever future commercial use, I imagine that small plaza will be pretty bustling on nice days as it’s the only outdoor place to sit down with whatever food you get to-go in the area between Copley and the Christian Science Center. Plus with the 1 stop moving there as well there’s already a lot of demand just for the bus and station for foot traffic.

With Newbury st. right there, not to mention Berklee and whatever future commercial use, I imagine that small plaza will be pretty bustling on nice days as it’s the only outdoor place to sit down with whatever food you get to-go in the area between Copley and the Christian Science Center. Plus with the 1 stop moving there as well there’s already a lot of demand just for the bus and station for foot traffic.

The "Comm Ave Mall" greenspace corridor also has a bunch of benches, and is an area I have eaten food before that I picked up on Newbury.

citizenM Boston Back Bay is set to op Summer 2024​

1701705470845.jpeg

“In the heart of the Back Bay neighbourhood, citizenM's second Boston hotel, and the largest in the portfolio, is set to open at the end of Q2 2024. It will anchor the northern side of the Parcel 12 mixed-use development, a gateway to the city and connector to Boston's historic Newbury Street. The hotel will be Boston's first all-electric hotel, joining 1001 Boylston Street, a Class A life science and office building and a unique retail-lined, two-tiered public plaza at the development, welcoming guests as an inspiring place to sleep, work, meet, and relax. Embracing local influence, citizenM Boston Back Bay's interiors will draw inspiration from the surrounding city, showcasing an array of contemporary artwork inside and out, photography and found objects by Boston-based artists. The hotel will feature 399 guestrooms plus a spacious living room, societyM meeting rooms and 24/7 canteenM. Guests can also enjoy a well-equipped gym with panoramic views of Newbury Street, and an expansive rooftop bar and terrace with breathtaking views of the Boston skyline.”

https://www.hospitalitynet.org/announcement/41010394.html

"Heart of the Back Bay," really?
Sure, why not? I'd say the Heart of the Back Bay goes from Boylston St. to the Comm Ave mall and from Arlington St. to Mass Ave. Parcel 12 makes for a nice missing bookend to the heart. The area is such a well-defined enclosure that maybe they should outline it on tourist maps and label it as such.

Back