MA Governor - Who Gets Your Vote?

Who would you like to see as the next MA Governor?

• Kerry Healey - Republican

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Christy Mihos - Independent

• Deval Patrick - Democrat

• Grace Ross - Green

• Total voters
Boy was Christy great in last night's debate. I can't tell you how many times my roomate and I were reeling in laughter from the sheer audacity of that guy. Every campaign needs someone like him if for nothing else than to deliver some good ol' comic relief.

Patrick, I'm up for change on Beacon Hill right now, and I frankly think Kerry Healey is a bitch for lack of a better word.

I do like Patrick, the Irish guy. Christy Mihos? She's ok. The Kerry-Healey ticket? Interesting that Senator Kerry is running, especially with the republican lieutenant governor as his running mate.

Ron Newman said:
LOL

Christy Mihos is our Ross Perot.

what's sad is that nobody takes him seriously. In truth his intentions are greater than the other 3 combined. How can Mitt not even be born in the state, yet retain his role as governer? Patrick, Kerry Healy and Grace Ross aren't from MA either. How can anyone justify voting from anyone that wasn't (at least) born and raised in the state? Do they have any idea what's going on in the Commonwealth, where it has been, or where it's going?

Mihos should've run as a republican but he didn't have the balls to, so he decided to ruin the Kerry Healy campaign. Granted this is an underhanded move but I don't blame him considering the outgoing governer's attitude towards him from the beginning.

The benefits of Mihos in office would far outweigh what we would lose with scurrilous deval patrick or the lesser of two evils in Healy.

Pending litigation has made me an insomniac lately - the forum makes for good relief at 2:35 am.

TheBostonian said:
I do like Patrick, the Irish guy. Christy Mihos? She's ok. The Kerry-Healey ticket? Interesting that Senator Kerry is running, especially with the republican lieutenant governor as his running mate.

That's good stuff. :lol:

I completely agree with bosdevelopment.

its too bad we live in a country with a paltry two-party government that basically denies a realistic chance for candidates not affiliated with the big two.

Mihos is not beholden to any party ideologies. Doesn't owe anybody anything, and seems to be the only candidate willing to do the will of the people as opposed to imposing his will on the people. Nevermind that as the only candidate born and raised in Massachusetts, i feel like he would have the best understanding of the state. He's shown he's not afraid of pissing off the establishment. Granted, he's not a complete 'outsider' in Massachusetts government, but he's enough of one for me to trust in keeping the legistlature in check. He's obviously a successful businessman, and really, that was all the qualification Mitt needed to get the job.

As for Deval and Kerry, i see them as your average politicos... and thats certainly not saying much. I was intrigued by Deval, as I consider myself a liberal, but some of his positions are absolute lunacy (really, drivers license for illegals??? c'mon!) Tuition assistance for illegals???? I'm freakin' legal and I don't get tuition assistance. I also despise his complete vagueness on everything else. I really don't want to vote republican, but Healy is the lesser of two evils here I think.

Nevertheless, I think i may actually throw away my vote and give it the Mihos.

How can anyone justify voting from anyone that wasn't (at least) born and raised in the state?

That's funny, because I believe the complete opposite. You make a good point, but I think that having an out of stater in the governor's office would be an advantage to MA. Let's face it, MA isn't moving forward very fast. I'd say that is because we have an entrenched way of thinking up here that hasn't changed for a while. If we want to get out of the slow economy and population decline, a fresh view on things could only be to the benefit. Someone who was born MA, raised MA, lives MA, and breathes MA will ultimately keep MA as it is. But if we get the right out of stater on Beacon Hill, then things could change. For example, a guy from NYC could prioritize better transit, a guy from Chicago could make development easier, a guy from SF could make the weather nicer 8) . Only 28% of voters think the state is going in the right direction, so let's bring in a new perspective! We should stop being so provincial and embrace someone from outside our little pond.

Merper said:
(really, drivers license for illegals??? c'mon!)

You'd rather they drive unlicensed and uninsured?

Tuition assistance for illegals???? I'm freakin' legal and I don't get tuition assistance.

He advocates in-state tuition, not 'tuition assistance'. The exact same deal you'd get as a Mass. resident living in the South End. The only criterion for in-state tuition should be length of residency in the state -- not citizenship.

The issues that concern me most in this election are housing, health insurance premiums, mass transit improvements and fixing our crumbling infrastructure. Creating our own energy locally would help our economy meanwhile it is imperative that we site at least one new LNG terminal preferably offshore, to help lower the cost of creating electricity and smooth out spikes in home heating prices.

CNN just projected Patrick as Massachusetts' next governor.

lexicon506 said:
And it's FINAL....I'm happy :D

why? do you really expect any quantifiable or qualitative changes in your everyday life? Or is it just because he's black and you can now think of the state as really "progressive" and "cool" for being so forward thinking to elect a brother.

I'm guessing the latter..

bosdevelopment said:
lexicon506 said:

why? do you really expect any quantifiable or qualitative changes in your everyday life? Or is it just because he's black and you can now think of the state as really "progressive" and "cool" for being so forward thinking to elect a brother.

I knew an argument was going to happen :?

bosdevelopment said:
lexicon506 said:

In my everyday life, I can now expect to have a Governor who isn't going to talk smack about me to people in other states. That's not policy related, but I'm very happy about it.

Oh shut up and stop crying in a corner. I might try to explain myself better if I was responding to someone else, but I think you'll attain a deeper understanding of my position if I talk in your own disrespectful language: YOUR PARTY SUCKS!!!!!!

I think that, depending on what the legislature will allow to pass, there is a very good chance that he will have a very positive impact on the state economically. I'm sure he'll do things I approve on with regards to other issues, but those probably won't have much effect on me.

Scott said:
Suck it up Bosdevelopment

If you read the previous posts you would notice that I don't care.

Moreover, I didn't vote for Kerry Healey.

Go with Christ

Back