Manchester Livability Website

Agree entirely on the visuals.

And my hope and intention for the site is to feature guest posters prominently. I hope to serve more as an editor/publisher/administrator and occasional poster, but to have most of the posts be guest submissions from residents, city officials and developers, and people from outside the region with experience and expertise. I'll have to see how everything goes, but I'm hoping also to get a few regular contributors. As a land planning lawyer and someone actively engaged in promoting a more urban built environment in northern New England's other major city, you'd definitely be someone with experience and expertise to offer. I'm just getting in touch with some city officials and others already engage in the topic in Manchester, and I want to get the site together a bit more before doing too many posts, but if you want to suggest any topics or anything you want to post, that would be great.

sure sure I didn't mean right away or anything...just something to keep in mind if you are looking for contributors down the line. I know it's always interesting to read outsider perspectives on portland. Just know that I am interested in being a contributing write if/when the right topic about Manchester comes up.

The website is coming together, still working some things out and still need to add a lot of information, but I think it's in pretty good shape at this point. I changed the template and I think overall the appearance is much sharper. I've also been adding more visuals throughout, and will use visuals as icons for some links (such as all the Ideas series). Let me know what you think of the content and layout so far.

LivableMHT

Hey, what about the Manchester new police, trash and other municpal building complex. Info and that is scarce and I have not heard of any news on that altely, hope that is still going to be done. Last I heard from the economic development in Manch it was.

And gotta promote the site somehow.

The site is still under construction, but it's getting to a point where I'm feeling ready to formally roll it out and get the word out about it.

I've also begun a new series, Livable/Unlovable, based on the Like/Dislike at Greater City: Providence. It will comment on projects, proposals, policy, etc that is either good (Livable) or bad (Unlovable) from a livability/urban development viewpoint.

livable-unlovable_livable.jpg

livable-unlovable_unlovable.jpg

Unfortunately, the first post in the series is Unlovable: West Side library branch threatened.

Last edited:
I've just opened LivableMHT's Urban Livability Awards to voting. It's a short, 26-question "best of"-style survey to name the most livable aspect of Manchester, as well as those that still need work. Please take a few minutes to vote if you can. There's also a link to a map showing the locations of nominees and information on many of them if you're unfamiliar with an of the categories.

logo1755291.jpg

Back