MassDOT Highway, Ramp Closures, Construction Restrictions

JeffDowntown

Reaction score
Is there anyplace that MassDOT consistently posts ramp and highway closure plans? I often run into nighttime closures of ramps to, lanes in and around I-90, I-93 in the South End/South Boston area that do not seem to be announced in any reasonable public forum. These are clearly planned closures.

The Copley Sq Pike exit closure caught me off guard last week. Apparently a month long… annoying

The only thing I found on Mass DOT is a "Sign-up to receive Greater Boston Traffic Advisories" page where you enter your preferences -- https://public.govdelivery.com/accounts/MADOT/subscriber/new?topic_id=MADOT_81

I don't subscribe so I don't know how up to date it is kept. Their twitter seems to post some closures but I'm skeptical it is utilized by all projects.
I scanned the twitter feed for the closure I encountered last night - the closure was definitely not there. There was some info about construction and lane reductions, but not outright ramp closures.

There have been periodic nighttime shutdowns of 95-Winter St ramps in Waltham. It looks like they're adjusting the curves a little bit, and possibly widening. This particular shutdown was posted on orange configurable signs for a few weeks in advance, but I can't find any information online.

Fun story from a couple years ago: I was driving west on 90, with plans to get on 95. The 95 ramp was completely blocked by construction equipment, and no signs provided advance warning. The only way to get to 95 was to drive all the way to Framingham, and then return on 30.

I don't know why this is so complicated for MassDOT.

Back