McDonald's restaurants to open at the Louvre

I don't know what it means.

Call a symbologist!

I hope they'll be serving freedom fries there.

It's only fitting. The Louvre is the McDonalds of art museums and the Mona Lisa is its Big Mac.

They both inhabit a prominent place in the average Joe's consciousness as a result of intense marketing, cultural or otherwise. You can even look at the world's lesser museums as franchises.

I think I'm the only person in the world who tried to visit a trip to Euro Disney and the Louvre into the same day ... and the Louvre lost. My partner went on his own. I believe they have a "speed" tour where you can see the big ticket items (at the Louvre ... actually at Euro Disney, too) such as the Mona Lisa and the Venus De Milo (is that there?). I seem to remember they even have a path painted on the floor so you can get to them , fast. No?

But, perhaps the Louvre is smart and puts their famous stuff in the back, sort of like where supermarkets put the milk, hoping you'll stop along the way to look at a couple things.

Redesign the exhibits in the Louvre to be like an Ikea, or any long term relationship, and force visitors to plod through everything else first before getting to the good stuff.

From what I remember tourists have to tramp through some other stuff to get to the Mona Lisa...but it's a total waste. They just single mindedly stampede their way there.

Back