MGM Music Hall (née Fenway Theater) | 12 Lansdowne St | Fenway

New angle.

Fenway-Theater-rendering.jpg

Link

Mgm music hall. Yea they did but thats how the render game works. The view of the front of the building from ground level hadnt been posted here yet, which is the view that matters because thats what your actually going to see. It now says Mgm music hall but they didnt make new ones yet from ground level. Gotta use your imagination. Its going to have these sign on that view..

fenwaytheatre_1200x628.jpg

Last edited:
Mgm music hall. Yea they did but thats how the render game works. The view of the front of the building from ground level hadnt been posted here yet, which is the view that matters because thats what your actually going to see. It now says Mgm music hall but they didnt make new ones yet from ground level. Gotta use your imagination. Its going to have these sign on that view..

fenwaytheatre_1200x628.jpg

Stick -- Well no one will confuse it with the Vegas Strip -- But it Shoa aint ya fathahs's Fenway Pahk anymoah :cool: 🙃

I didn't realize how big this plot is until they took down the walls. It's HUGE!

It's kind of a crucial shame that the constructions teams are not swarming over this right now, because this will probably be the only 5 month period of good weather and no baseball that they would experience there. Huge opportunity going by the wayside.

Went by the site this AM at 9am and it was locked and no activity whatsoever. My guess is that the concert prognosis isn't good -- being the last thing that will come back -- so they are in no rush.

Went by the site this AM at 9am and it was locked and no activity whatsoever. My guess is that the concert prognosis isn't good -- being the last thing that will come back -- so they are in no rush.
I didn’t even consider that. We’re seeing what is happening to venues all across the country. Great Scott might be saved but several other venues have closed for completely different reasons prior to the pandemic. Shame I know.

Yeah I work in theater and events and basicly all theater/major concerts in NYC and Boston have been cancled through the end of 2020 the earliest. And when it does return it looks like houses will be less than 25% full. There is literally no reason for them to be working on this right now as the return on investment is curently 0. Infact, the empty lot is probably better in terms of event rentals than an inclosed theater would be for the next year or two. Put up a portable stage and you can have larger crowds than any theater in the area.

Yeah I work in theater and events and basicly all theater/major concerts in NYC and Boston have been cancled through the end of 2020 the earliest. And when it does return it looks like houses will be less than 25% full. There is literally no reason for them to be working on this right now as the return on investment is curently 0. Infact, the empty lot is probably better in terms of event rentals than an inclosed theater would be for the next year or two. Put up a portable stage and you can have larger crowds than any theater in the area.
Portable Stage or an Outdoor Theater Screen for movies. Maybe some grass?

If spring training starts at Fenway in a week as is being reported, they should grade this thing ASAP and throw down some sod for a practice infield, or throw up a few batting tunnels or something. If their Fort Myers spring training park is Fenway South, call this Fenway South North.

Pretty sure I'll get slaughtered for this, but word on the street is that MGM pulled out of project a few months ago, before COVID scenarios even....

So, the obvious follow up is what will FSG do without an operator? Will they find someone else, go at it alone or pivot to something else here?

Back