MGM Music Hall (née Fenway Theater) | 12 Lansdowne St | Fenway

So it doesnt matter really. Just find a new naming sponsor. Im sure MGM wants to scale back right now seeing that not many people are gambling or staying in hotels in vegas or their other properties.

Can't see a lot of progress on this project.

IMG_6014 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr

IMG_6016 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr

IMG_6020 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr

IMG_6026 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr

From kz's Boston Arts Academy photo update

50442721233_1e55ca39cd_b.jpg

Mgm just pulled out of naming rights (which has yet to be corroborated), but as far as I know its not on hold. Completion is set for fall 2021.

Timing should be perfect on this with it opening right around the time people will feel comfortable again being in a room with so many people so close together. Excited for this one. Believe it or not, there are no other indoor concert venues quite like this in Boston.

5,000 capacity is pretty large for a theater venue. That has to be MUCH larger than any other theater in Boston. I am sure I am missing some but I can't think any live performance theaters in the entire country that large beyond Radio City.

That render makes it look like the building will have more uses than just a concert venue with that wide open floor. Wrestling, MMA, trade show type stuff, you might even be able to squeeze a basketball court in there.

5,000 capacity is pretty large for a theater venue. That has to be MUCH larger than any other theater in Boston. I am sure I am missing some but I can't think any live performance theaters in the entire country that large beyond Radio City.
I was curious, so I did a quick google search. It looks like there are only a handful of theaters/performing arts centers nationwide that seat more than 5,000. The first one that came to mind is LA’s 7,100-seat Microsoft Theater (formerly Nokia) where the Emmy, AMA, and ESPY awards are held annually. Other indoor, non-Arena finds: LDS Conference Center (21,000 seats), Cleveland Public Auditorium (10,000 seats), Smart Financial Centre at Sugarland (6,400 seats), Theatre at Grand Prairie (6,350 seats), Purdue University’s Elliott Hall of Music (6,005 seats), and Detroit’s Fox Theatre (5,045 seats).

So in context this is a really big move by the Red Sox to bring some major indoor entertainment to Fenway relative to what Boston's been able to accommodate before (excepting the Garden of course).

I did a little searching because I was curious - it seems like the biggest theatre/performing arts venue in the city now is the Wang with 3,500, followed by the Orpheum with 2,700.

I did a little searching because I was curious - it seems like the biggest theatre/performing arts venue in the city now is the Wang with 3,500, followed by the Orpheum with 2,700.

And this Fenway venue would also be a more diverse space, it seems. They could bring more variety of entertainment than staged productions or concerts.

So in context this is a really big move by the Red Sox to bring some major indoor entertainment to Fenway relative to what Boston's been able to accommodate before (excepting the Garden of course).
The idea is for this to slot in between the House of Blues (~2k capacity) and the Garden (~20k) for popular / touring acts.

I expect this venue to be popular with the teen / college / young-adult crowd during the winter, with the type of acts that aren't ever going to play in a stuffy old theater but have a bigger following than what the HoB can accommodate.

Back