Millennium Tower (Filene's) | 426 Washington Street | Downtown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this why the area between the Franklin/Washington entrance and the rest of Filene's first floor is blocked off? (If you use that entrance, you have to go downstairs immediately.)

Ron Newman said:
Is this why the area between the Franklin/Washington entrance and the rest of Filene's first floor is blocked off? (If you use that entrance, you have to go downstairs immediately.)

Yessir, that's the reason.

new renderings:

filenetower1ug8.jpg

filenetowerfranklinmj4.jpg

filenetowerwashingtonwt4.jpg

filenetowershoppersparkxx9.jpg

Very nice, I like this rendering more than the original (the color, I suppose). It does a far superior job of sitting on top of the older structures than Russia Wharf. Between this and 45 Province, Elkus/Manfredi are on a roll. I wish we could get a better view of the part that sits on top of the Filene's building though.
(The crowd scene is kind of hilarious though, not exactly what the crowd at DC looks like.)

Definitely OK, though the plaza could do with more work.

MUCH better

The original for reference

1159527711_5571.jpg

This is SO much better than the original. I like how they added a cornice to the part that faces Washington St. That was one of my biggest complaints about the original design.

It's a summer crowd scene, since most of the people are in shorts. Wait another month or two.

Wow, this proposal looks amazing. It is a huge upgrade over the original design. I have a hard time imagining that this will have too much trouble when it comes to getting through all of the political red tape.

I LOVE THIS!!!

*please no nimbys, please no nimbys, please no nimbys!!!!!!

Here's a couple more renderings:

Filene_Tower___Macy__s.jpg

Filene_Tower___Skyline.jpg

I like the view from Washington Street, but I'm not as thrilled by the view from the Public Garden. It doesn't have the grace I would prefer to see from the Common. Still better than the original plans though.

Man, once again no shame. Of course they're all public property, but I did spend a considerable amount of time cropping and formatting that skyline rendering into a .jpg

A little acknowledgement would have been appreciated.

For those that are interested, there is also a Washington St. streetscape rendering that I posted at the below link.

http://www.urbanplanet.org/forums/index.php?s=&showtopic=31014&view=findpost&p=769045

So why don't you just post what you posted in UP here instead of complaining? It's all the same format.

I don't know....why not use some of your Future T maps there and say "look at this"...it's all public info with just some editing on your part.

I don't really need to justify what I publish where.....I contribute there what I chose, and I've recently been joining some threads here where topics are brought up that I have an opinion or some insight on. I don't feel the need to duplicate every post, but I do feel like its worth mentioning when someone is posting material that is not from its original source, and a person has put effort into formatting it so that it is easier for the public to access.

Are there any drawings available of the view from Summer Street?

The complaint ...

Attribution is always proper. I'd say, even necessary and/or required.

I always refer to the original poster, when I post entries on my blog.

I would expect the same from others.

Putting a "Source: " at the bottom of an entry is often all you need to do.

It gives credit where credit is due. Why not throw a "shout out" to the originator?

We all have egos to satisfy! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back