Millennium Tower (Filene's) | 426 Washington Street | Downtown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Filene's

Overpriced and rude...worst booze shop in Boston.

anybody notice the new DTX logo at summer and wash already (on the street, and in white)? sorry if its a late pass.

It is all part of the new uplift program. Right now I have been trying to take a nap and some high school marching band is playing show tunes down the street.

It is all part of the new uplift program. Right now I have been trying to take a nap and some high school marching band is playing show tunes down the street.

Show tunes? What is it the Provincetown High School Marching Band?

/rimshot.

L1090370.jpg

cool shot! i like how 45 province is just barely poking up in the lower corner

So that's what real masonry construction looks like. I was beginning to forget.

Hynes may have landed tenant for Filene's projectSources: Law firm Fish & Richardson signs letter of intent
Boston Business Journal - by Michelle Hillman Boston Business Journal
Print Email Reprints RSS Feeds Add to Del.icio.us Digg This CommentsJohn Hynes of Gale International may have the missing ingredient to get financing for his project at One Franklin St. ? a tenant.

Real estate sources familiar with the discussions said Hynes ? who is redeveloping the Filene?s building in Downtown Crossing ? has a letter of intent with the law firm Fish & Richardson PC for between 100,000 and 120,000 square feet. A call to Fish & Richardson?s office at 225 Franklin St. was not immediately returned.

However, a real estate source with knowledge of the deal said Fish & Richardson has agreed to lease a portion of the 22nd floor as well as floors 23 through 25.

The law firm is paying between $72 and $82 per square foot in gross rent and is getting $85 per square foot in tenant improvements from the landlord.

A law firm in Downtown Crossing? They must suck.

However if they were located at The Crxing, then I'd hire them!

I know that comment is a jab at real estate branding. Ever since my involvement in a project in Las Vegas and one in Miami, I am all of a sudden a gigantic cheer-leader for. I then worked on a smaller project here in New England where the developer brought in Boston's big real estate branding firm, and the proof was in the signed leases.

So, check out that law firm's retention rates and interview their HR department in four years, and see whether the new crop of ivy league lawyers view them as a first-rate law firm or a secondary one. The audience for office users is the employees not the law firm's clients. The biggest problem is going to be JP Morgan... they are going to see a mass exodus of talent in the next three years, moving to an unbranded building on D Street in the middle of nowhere...

This isn't my opinion, there is a lot of research and precedents to support it. MIT's Sloan school put out a very dense research report on the effects of real estate branding just four years ago. Anyone who develops real estate should read it. There's this incredible, inexpensive tool to add value that the nationals are embracing, but the local developers just don't get.

I'll shut up now! I like pretty buildings. One Franklin is bland from head to toe.

Fish & Richardson is one of the country's best patent law firms. Patent lawyers are different. I'd wager that they care a lot less about the perceived prestige of the firm's address than do the bankers' attorneys warehoused at One International and Exchange Place.

from my office window the site looks rather quiet today. Is this the point where the developer says further construction is on hold until financing is procured?

They are beavering away removing rubble from the pit, with particular emphasis on the "I" beams. You can get big money for the scrap metal. That stuff will be on a ship to Asia in days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back