Minecraft: City of New Beacon

393b40

Reaction score
Hey guys!

I and two other people have been working diligently on a long term city build in Minecraft that has spanned many years now of work. Two of us are just architecture and urban planning enthusiasts from Boston while the other is an arch student from San Fran. I'd like to show of what we've done!

Warning: It looks a lot better in person than it does in screenshots. It's also huge... the screen shots don't really capture the size well. We have lots of infill structures.

The project is called The City of New Beacon and is run on my server (relentless.us). Come check us out sometime! We love new people... especially people who are interested in architecture and urban planning. We don't allow anyone to build in the city however, so if you're interested in joining us on that project you'll need to show us what you can skill-wise.

Here are some pictures. I'd say about 40% of the buildings in the city have completed interiors:

The full album of shots I took can be found here: http://imgur.com/a/O8bOZ

Some highlights!

JkFREYj.png

JkFREYj.png

jgMn0Bf.png

The build has actually gotten so old now that we've started taking old buildings and structures to make them more decrepit, for example, the old central subway station.
9OYm1tC.png

The old main building is the crumbling structure to the left... it's been with us since 2011... It has seen better days!
b3lUuOp.png

Vy2a8nS.png

PoEg3ev.png

3oyS0oV.png

JBQynoo.png

m4zZ3Pl.png

OQqu0Mq.png

5j42PJh.png

Thanks for looking!

This is great - thanks for sharing. Brings me back to my SimCity days as a kid.

I'll have to show these pictures to my nephews. They are obsessed with Minecraft.

Back