Mock Green Line Extension Groundbreaking!

Hey!!! Wait a second. We need a commuter rail extension to New Bedford and Fall River first to tie these Gateway Cities and the miles and miles and years and years of track rebuilding involved first before you Commie Pinko Tracy Chapman CD buyers get your needed transit infrastrucure.

The mayor of Somerville is a really cool dude. He's so involved!

Made the shirts; I have a bunch of mediums and a ton of larges. If you want me to hold one or get a specific size for you, let me know ASAP.

...I spot UrbEx... How did you get to hold a shovel and who is that guy with his arm around you??

MockGroundbreaking_102011_14.jpg

http://www.somervillestep.org/2011/10/photos_from_moc.html

and lol@Shoveel Rady. Don't worry. They photographed it when it was spelt right too.

I got there early and they said, "Hey, can you hold a shovel?" "Sure." And so I got a shovel, lol. When it came time for photoshoot after everyone spoke, someone asked me if I could hand my shovel to the mayor, I said of course, and then the mayor said, "Wait a second, get back here, we can both do this! The more the merrier!" He was awesome, really a great guy! I can certainly see why he was elected.

As for the event itself, dozens of people came out, no idea on an actual number, I'd definitely say about 100, maybe more.

They also had what I believe are the finalized station names at the MassDOT presentation. Ball Sq will be Lowell St, and Brickbottom will be Washington St. Kinda lame, I liked Brickbottom...

Ball Square is not Lowell Street; those are two different stations.

You'll be able to easily walk to Magoun Square from the Lowell Street station, but the station is too far from the square to actually be called Magoun.

I don't know why the Brickbottom station name was changed, unless possibly to allow for a future infill station between Washington Street and Lechmere to have the Brickbottom name.

Back