Motor Mart Tower | 201 Stuart Str. | Park Sq | Boston

I would rent small Mazda 3 cars from Hertz and all I could think to myself is how many 1970s Cadillac Devilles, Lincoln Continentals and Delta 88s got scratched trying to navigate that garage.
Nah. The highlight of my day in the 80’s was flogging a 300 SDL up those ramps as fast as I could to my favorite space on the 8th floor. Never so much as a kiss! A few nervous pedestrians though.

They also dug up a small stretch of sidewalk on the Stuart St. side the other day--probably the same crew.
My wife used to work in the area and frequently parked in the garage. She drove a full size Ford Bronco and never got a scratch on it. Anyway, it will be nice to see this plus the project across the street going up more or less at the same time.

Some movement on this. The developer was scheduled to go before the Air Pollution Control Commission today as part of its transportation requirements under the initial approval back in 2020. The filing does not indicate anything else on project timeline aside from "the Project is in the process of coordinating a Transportation Access Plan Agreement (TAPA) with the Boston Transportation Department (BTD)."

That seems like an awful lot of parking that they're keeping in the interior of the existing garage for a building so walkable to multiple T stations. I understand the layout would make it difficult to have interior apartments with outside windows, but there are some sides that have parking along outside-facing walls. They could make the floorplans for each apartment bigger at least and then maybe add some common room spaces toward the interior, something other than 8 levels of parking! Otherwise, I'm thrilled this looks to be moving forward as it was one I had been hopeful for since it first popped up long ago.

Back