Mount Auburn Club Redevelopment | 57 Coolidge Avenue | Watertown

Kinda sucks to lose athletic spaces like that. Though most of that sentiment is just polyanna hope that with new ownership there'd be wider public access to a retained prime athletic space, less hoity-toity club life. But I guess given that the private utilization was what it was and in sharp decline for what it was, that isn't any practical hope.

Lower Coolidge Ave. does need more of a plan to it than just a grab-bag of industrial park warehousing next to luxury condos. Schizophrenic identity all points south of the cemetery with its current neighboring tenancies. Lab space isn't exactly lending any clarity to that matter, either.

Lower Coolidge Ave. does need more of a plan to it than just a grab-bag of industrial park warehousing next to luxury condos. Schizophrenic identity all points south of the cemetery with its current neighboring tenancies. Lab space isn't exactly lending any clarity to that matter, either.

Yeah, I'm starting to get Alewife vibes from both that area and the SFR frontage on the other side of the Charles... needs transit infrastructure and a district plan.

Yeah, I'm starting to get Alewife vibes from both that area and the SFR frontage on the other side of the Charles... needs transit infrastructure and a district plan.
The roads connect, though, they don't go nowhere. There's neighborhoods in multiple directions and the Charles in another. That's already better than Alewife.

Back