Movie Thread (Boston)

GMACK24

Reaction score
So with all this filming going on in Boston lets have a thread.

Captured Anna Faris Last night in P.O Square Park.

4779217814_55e7fa9a7a_z.jpg

More Pics are Here : )

http://www.flickr.com/photos/gmack24/

Movie is called "What's your number?"

They were filming a scene for that movie at Good Harbor Beach, Gloucester. I go there pretty often and I can say they were there for a few weeks because I kept coming back and seeing them. All the trailers were taking up a huge chunk of the parking lot. And all of it was for.... a walk on the beach at dusk.

^ It's hard to do dusk scenes in a short amount of time because you need to reshoot a lot and you only have a short timeframe in which to do it. Terrence Mallick, who likes to film entire movies at the Golden Hour, takes years and years to get his projects done because of this, at uproarious expense to studios (two reasons why Terrence Mallick films are so rare).

BTW, I think Anna Faris plays an Upper Crust deliveryman in that film; I heard they were shooting her on one of their bikes.

BTW, I think Anna Faris plays an Upper Crust deliveryman in that film; I heard they were shooting her on one of their bikes.

That would explain the delivery bike that was on a small trailer behind a small vehicle. My girlfriend was joking and said "Look at that bike, they're clearly filming ET, probably in 3D too".

czsz said:
Terrence Mallick, who likes to film entire movies at the Golden Hour, takes years and years to get his projects done because of this...

They need to rename it the Golden 18 Minutes. Hour my ass.

Depends on how gold you want things to be. Mallick filmed flatly across dusk, so one shot would be near dark and would cut to another angle filmed in early afternoon. Kind of crude sometimes, but it would have taken another five years to do if he'd tried to get the colors completely even!

I guess the definition on Golden Hour is pretty lax, but for me I think of the ~25 minute window when everything is gilded:

4738357536_d35f9ebc9d.jpg

4737733341_880dc8fe13.jpg

^ Was that filmed almost entirely in the North End?

"Over 300 bank robberies in Boston per year," LOL

Also: totally gratuitous Red Sox game shot?

The thing that gets me is that one of the main points of Good Will Hunting (co-written by Affleck) was "there is a lot more to the world than your hometown, go! explore!" and yet here he is again.

Actually, it's pretty apropos, since Affleck was the one who stayed and knew he would always stay, and Damon (who is now global action hero Jason Bourne, etc.) was the one he told to get out.

I saw that trailer at Inception (which was fucking brilliant, <3 Chris Nolan) and I was like, really? Literally the single reason I would consider seeing it, is that it was filmed in Boston. It seemed like a hybrid of The Departed and The Dark Night with all the silly bank robber masks.

(Those ones with the dreads? "Kids, this is what you'll look like if you keep trying to impersonate Lil Wayne!")

I saw that trailer at Inception . . . Literally the single reason I would consider seeing it, is that it was filmed in Boston. It seemed like a hybrid of The Departed and The Dark Night with all the silly bank robber masks.

+1

Saw it the other day when I went to see Inception and saw Charlestown and was like "Oh God, what's this? :D" but was sorta disappointed with the whole thing...

I think that if I have one wish about filming in Boston it is that someday, it becomes commonplace enough that the phrase "Mark Wahlberg in Hingham" isn't worthy of a goddamn headline on Boston.com

Back