Nashville vs Boston

I'm really shocked at LA---So much going on there.
I wish I visited all the cities and had a ranking on the best vibes, transit, Cleanliness, overall people.
Nashville ranking,
10 3 10 8

I was in Nashville last September, and am actually heading back down next month. While the severe lack of transit is a concerning point (i believe there are only 3 bus lines that operate to/from the core) I agree with Rifle that it is an incredible city. The Civic Design Center shows promise for a city that is obviously open to development for further improvement. Not to mention living costs are roughly 70% to here. So everyone who asks why rent is so high....

I can barely convince myself to travel to New York, San Francisco and Miami right now. I wouldn't waste the time or money on Nashville.

Well everyone is different, but i would much rather spend the 125 on round trip airfare and the 315 for a 5 night airbnb in Nashville then that combined to just fly to san fran.

I'm really shocked at LA---So much going on there.
I wish I visited all the cities and had a ranking on the best vibes, transit, Cleanliness, overall people.
Nashville ranking,
10 3 10 8

These are totally subjective measurements.

Someone please start a thread ranking the vibes of majorish American cities.

Primary criteria to include number of bachelorette parties and downtown arenas.

Never been to Nashville but have heard good things. Having said that I'm not sure you can make a realistic comparison between the two. Taking a quick look on google Nashville although similar in population to Boston itself is 500 square miles to the 48 of Boston. It also has a CSA of just under 2M vs the 8M of the Boston region. The point being in a spread out city with plenty of available land you can do certain things that aren't possible in a more crowded place. On the flip side transit is never a priority in these places. Nashville seems to me to be comparable to Atlanta, Charlotte, Houston, etc - sprawling cities with cheap land. Boston is more like DC, SF, etc. Lots of people in a compact space. For whatever its shortcomings the Seaport is a product of what gets built when constricted by high cost of land acquisition plus a hard ceiling on how high you can build. If downtown Nashville isn't affected by these two factors, the comparisons are tough to make IMHO.

Yeah its funny that there are a few major cities sans subway. Detroit never had one, neither does Baltimore, and even LA lacks a good system.

LA metro lacks ground cover but the metro system is still one of America's largest and is one of the few heavy rail systems actually under expansion in the country. It is entirely possible to get around LA without a car by using mass transit so long as you live in specific areas such as downtown, Koreatown, Hollywood, Culver, NoHo, etc. The situation will improve further with the Crenshaw/LAX line coming on board, and the purple line expansion to Westwood.

Additionally, the citizens of LA unequivocally rejected the anti-development Measure S, which hoped to limit development, which further solidifies the view among citizens that the future to LA is a denser, more pedestrian city.

I really enjoyed my trip to Nashville - though to enjoy the city you need a rental car to make more than a weekend of it. Can't say the same for Boston. Broadway is interesting, though there was a clear preference to 'corporate bars' over hole-in-the-wall places (based on the number of people inside each). I will say that the honkey-tonk I spend a couple hours in was a home run. I am looking forward to going back.

Crazy Town and Tootsies is also a blast---- The problem with Nashville is you feel obligated to drink every hour on the hour.

Back