NEMA Boston | 399 Congress St. | Seaport

Czervik.Construction

Reaction score
The people I know paying that much are renting the apartment because they either:

- Just moved the city for a high paying job and are getting settled / trying to find a neighborhood that they like before buying something
- Are doing a gut renovation on a place nearby and need housing for a year
- Own homes elsewhere in the country and spend ~70% of their time here and the rest at their other homes. I remember talking to a neighbor in my building in one of these types of units last winter and how to avoid an impending snowstorm, they were flying to one of their other homes for a "week or whatever". I was almost speechless, but mumbled something lame about, "yeah totally makes sense..."

whighlander

Reaction score
The people I know paying that much are renting the apartment because they either:

- Just moved the city for a high paying job and are getting settled / trying to find a neighborhood that they like before buying something
- Are doing a gut renovation on a place nearby and need housing for a year
- Own homes elsewhere in the country and spend ~70% of their time here and the rest at their other homes. I remember talking to a neighbor in my building in one of these types of units last winter and how to avoid an impending snowstorm, they were flying to one of their other homes for a "week or whatever". I was almost speechless, but mumbled something lame about, "yeah totally makes sense..."
French word

Pied-à-terre -- a place in the city when you live in Dover or Weston and want to not have to go home to the burbs after Symphony and dinner and its snowing

Just Googled it and added Boston

here's one of the hits on the first page of the Google

Charming pied-à-terre in the historic South End of Boston ...
Our charming one bedroom, pied-à-terre is on the parlor floor of a 19th century townhouse in the South End of Boston which is listed in the National Register of ...