New "Anti-Shadow" Laws Proposed for Boston

In what known universe could Tremont on the Common be redeveloped as a pair or triplet of splended, modern apartment buildings? It's doing fine just now. The developer would be paying for the same sq ft twice. ...Except that he'd end up with less or the same height and less volume the 2nd time.

In recent times i've come to dislike it much less than before. Crazy eh? i don't know. It's one of the only deck of cards on its side shaped things in Boston that i actually don't mind. i would never dare say that i've come to like it much, of course, fearing more ridicule. But at night from some vistas, i quite do like it.

Don't waste your dreams. When it was an apartment house, you had one (?) owner, who might be tempted with redevelopment $$$. Now that each unit is a condo, how many owners? A hundred? Two hundred?

Of course you can visit Assessing online anytime for an exact count:

https://www.cityofboston.gov/assessing/search/?q=151+tremont

A quick scan/scroll-through reveals a few repeat names, so, more like 300 owners (minimum) for those 370-plus condos, I'm guessing....

All good points.

John Keith probably knows the most about the building. I used to see his name in one of the real estate windows.

Anyway, upgrading the look of that blanked off garage section that is on the lower floors is probably the best you could hope for, although what ROI there is for the condo owners I can't see. Maybe the city holds up some future necessary permit to extort an upgrade!

Back