New England Baptist Hospital Move Plans | Mission Hill

FK4

Reaction score
Globe article:
http://www.bostonglobe.com/business...ission-hill/IadkrLwyORlPWfZqF4xYgI/story.html

New England Baptist Hospital plans to move
New facility needed within decade; Beth Israel area a possibility

Officials say the hospital’s finances are sound, but that the more than century-old campus is showing signs of wear and the Baptist cannot afford the renovations needed to update its Mission Hill facilities.

They say it could take ten years. One thing that I found interesting was the map - I didn't know they owned the parcel on Terrace @ Parker (by the Bromley Heath rotary), nor that they leased one of the huge parking lot parcels on the far side of Columbus:
011715_baptist_map.jpg

Looking at both the East and West BIDMC campuses and the only possible places I could see NEBH going are both the parking garage at Brookline and Francis and the (admin) lot/loading area across the street. Both those lots are only about 1.5acres, while NEBH's current building takes up about 5.3acres. They could probably also redevelop the garage at Longwood and Pilgrim and the adjacent lot to the south for an additional 1.8acres. I'm guessing they'll be able to consolidate their operations into a smaller space. I'll be interested to see what their plan is.

There's lots of room here. Aside from garages, Deaconess Bdg (old, 4 stories only), Libby Bdg (huge one floor structure) and everything on south side of Autumn St (small offices and a surface lot) as well (think Children's has everything on the other side).

^ Awesome. I was only looking at garage lots and empty lots. If NEBH and BIDMC are going to work very closely together with the planing this could be a major renovation/redevelopment of the West Campus.

The views from the current location are spectacular. The current buildings could be rehabbed/repurposed as condos and sell for a decent price.

Back