New Forum Issues and Comments

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can see new threads, but the new thread symbol doesn't go away unless I click on the pinned "New Forum" notification that Briv put up.

Yeah, I've noticed that the 'new post' icon sometimes stays 'lit' after reading the thread. It seems almost random. Sometime it will go dark right after reading, sometimes it will stay on for a few clicks and sometimes I have to hit the 'mark all thread read' link to get rid of it.
Not a big deal but weird.

Since this is a Boston forum, you should make the displayed time of day default to Eastern, not GMT.

There's also no smily faces like in the old version and STILL NO ECONOMICS FORUM AND QUICK EDIT. And yeah, you should allow everyone to access the Admin CP j/k. Can you make an ArchBoston wiki at wiki.archboston.org? There's integration between MediaWiki and vBulletin. It would be better then the existing wiki that no one knows about because it would have a better domain name and it would use MediaWiki software, way better than SeedWiki. And you can change the archboston.org splash page into a portal with links to the forum and the wiki. I could help you out in making it if you want.

Ron, the board's time has been set to Eastern Time. It shows correctly on my pc. Maybe in your control panels they've somehow been set to GMT. As far as the new thread icons go, these also show up for me. Maybe you need to clear your internet cache since Ive changed styles. That may fix this.

Manchurian, quick edit and quick reply both are enabled and should work for you.

The wiki idea is something I have thought about and may happen somewhere down the line. I don't really see a need for a designated Economics forum, though.

If not specifically an economics forum, then how about a news/politics/economics forum? That could be for the more serious discussions, while the "General" forum can be for more random, light-hearted stuff.

For example, SkyscraperPage has the Skybar (random) and Current Events. And WiredNewYork has News & Politics and Anything Goes.

Quick edit still doesn't work for me, in Opera or IE7. Quick edit is you don't have to go into a new page to edit, like the editing in SSC. It opens a text box and then there's a link for full editing.

Yeah, I've noticed that the 'new post' icon sometimes stays 'lit' after reading the thread. It seems almost random. Sometime it will go dark right after reading, sometimes it will stay on for a few clicks and sometimes I have to hit the 'mark all thread read' link to get rid of it.
Not a big deal but weird.

I've noticed this too. Sometimes it takes a few clicks to and from to correct it...

Thanks to all who have contributed to the new look. The new software works faster and more efficiently than the old and the bolder print is easier for me to read. Thank you!

My account did not carry over and I had to create a new one...my post count is back to zero (or 1)!!!!!!! Briv, can you fix this?

Waldorf, yours is the only account that didn't convert. I think it's because you changed your ID. I may be able to fix it. What was your old ID again?

Waldorf, I think I can fix it, but I may need some time. In the meantime, just post as you would.

If not specifically an economics forum, then how about a news/politics/economics forum? That could be for the more serious discussions, while the "General" forum can be for more random, light-hearted stuff.

For example, SkyscraperPage has the Skybar (random) and Current Events. And WiredNewYork has News & Politics and Anything Goes.

Good idea indeed. Make it a subforum of "General" and we are all set.

Waldorf, your account should be fixed now. Let me know if you have any more problems.

is there popups coming from this site now or is it just me? yes yes I know there's a thing called a blocker.... but popups coming from here? not cool.

There are no popups coming from this site. Sounds like you may have a virus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back