New Lansdowne St.

No, McGreevy's on Boylston (the former Foggy Goggle) is partially owned by Ken Casey of the Dropkick's.

I don't know of any connection to them on Lansdowne, although a 3rd Base Saloon all about the Red Sox would be a better fit down there than "1200 steps" away. Better year round business where they are though.

New signage added
IMG_8419.jpg

And goodbye....or maybe not...?
IMG_8420.jpg

Good to see Lyons is still interested in music & restaurants. If he sees the potential maybe he'll oped some clubs.

The Lansdowne is under construction in the former Jake Ivory?s piano bar spot on Lansdowne Street next to Fenway Park [map].

The 8,000-square-foot, multimillion-dollar Irish pub will have a warm, ?old-school? Irish atmosphere with beautiful millwork and an emphasis on food, according to Lyons.

Irish lunch and dinner fare will include shepherd?s pie, fish and chips, bangers and mash, and fish and lamb pies, while traditional Irish breakfast will be served Saturdays and Sundays.

?We?re catering to people who live in the area first, people who visit Lansdowne Street second, and third will be the people who come to Fenway,? Lyons said. He and partners Steve Coyle and Ed Sparks are shooting for an April or May opening.
Live entertainment, reserved for a corner of the pub, will focus on acoustic, singer-songwriter, folk and Irish music. The Lansdowne also will broadcast European rugby and soccer matches.

The pub?s name not only pays homage to the street where Lyons made his fortune in the nightclub business. Lansdowne Road was the former Dublin sports stadium owned by the Irish Rugby Football Union that took its own name from an adjacent street.

Lyons previously planned to reopen his former Avalon and Axis nightclubs as the Lansdowne Street Music Hall, but instead sold the properties to Live Nation, which opened the House of Blues Boston there last month.
http://www.bostonherald.com/business/general/view.bg?articleid=1161477&srvc=business&position=2

I finally made it to the new House of Blues over the weekend. Since we previously discussed the closing times of the venue, I thought I would share my experience.

8:05-8:50 = opening band
9:18-10:23 = headliner's first set
10:23-10:58 = set break
10:58-12:20am = headliner's second set
12:25am-12:50am = encore

I will be back again on Thursday of this week and will report back.

Does it have a 1 am or 2 am closing license?

I don't know but there were a bunch of folks posting previously in this thread stating that concerts would be ending around 11:00pm and that is clearly not the case nor does it make a lick of sense.

What concert was it?

Im going to find out at what time lady gaga ended last week.

bloc party, live from the HoB. the venue is great on the inside: hand-painted walls, NoLa-informed balconies, excellent crowd flow. most of important of all, big-name acts stopping in boston. we architects, planners and developers can turn up our noses. but everyone else in the city is ecstatic.

n14100738_31401479_906586.jpg

What concert was it?

Im going to find out at what time lady gaga ended last week.

Just asked my coworker that went to Lady Gaga and the show ended promptly at 11pm. She was back home by 11:15.

Just asked my coworker that went to Lady Gaga and the show ended promptly at 11pm. She was back home by 11:15.

We are obviously attending very different kinds of events. I was there again last night for Umphrey's McGee, a rock band based in Chicago. They didn't take the stage for their FIRST set until 9:40! They didn't come back from their set break until 11:20. We left at 12:25am and it was still going! Pretty packed for a Thursday night. Probably about 95% capacity.

We are obviously attending very different kinds of events. I was there again last night for Umphrey's McGee, a rock band based in Chicago. They didn't take the stage for their FIRST set until 9:40! They didn't come back from their set break until 11:20. We left at 12:25am and it was still going! Pretty packed for a Thursday night. Probably about 95% capacity.

Of the dozens of concerts Ive been to, Ive only ever been to one show that had a set break, and it was the gipsy kings in February who ended at 10:30 (there was no opening band).

I'm going to see the B-52's there next month. I got general admission tickets. Is that the area front center? It's not clear fromt eh diagram. If so, I'm gonna arrive way early to try to get as close as possible...

I'm going to see the B-52's there next month. I got general admission tickets. Is that the area front center? It's not clear fromt eh diagram. If so, I'm gonna arrive way early to try to get as close as possible...

GA lets you stand anywhere on the first floor, and anywhere on the 2nd floor.

The second floor is a standing balcony around the edge. You can only see if youre at the edge, so if you want that get there earlier. Look back some pages for pictures.

3rd floor is VIP/seating

Of the dozens of concerts Ive been to, Ive only ever been to one show that had a set break, and it was the gipsy kings in February who ended at 10:30 (there was no opening band).

Like I said, we clearly attend a different kind of concert. LOL! I saw two concerts in less than a week that had 2 sets and a set break.

Big Screen Baseball

Come on down to House of Blues, this Friday night, April 24th and be a part of the Fenway excitement as the home town boys take on the evil empire. We're opening our doors to the public and will have the game on a big screen in the music hall.

Come experience the game like never before. Doors to the music hall will open at 5pm and will remain open for at least one hour after the game.

J Geils!!!!!

So, doors tonight open at 7. There is no mention of an opening act.

Anyone know how these shows usually go? Would the main act go on around eight?

I have a forum at 6:30 followed by a neighborhood meet and greet at 8 and then have to get over to Lansdowne Street in time for the show ... I can't miss the show!

I wish I had a black car to drive me all around town like one of my competitors.

J Geils!!!!!

So, doors tonight open at 7. There is no mention of an opening act.

Anyone know how these shows usually go? Would the main act go on around eight?

I have a forum at 6:30 followed by a neighborhood meet and greet at 8 and then have to get over to Lansdowne Street in time for the show ... I can't miss the show!

I wish I had a black car to drive me all around town like one of my competitors.

Yeah its usually show time an hour after doors. If theres no opening band listed, then dont expect one. 8-10 is my guess for your show

Back