New member here. Hello!

S

sixten

Not sure if this is the best place to say a simple "hello", but I've been looking around for a Boston-centric architectural resource for months. Certainly a wealth of knowledge here.

As a humorous aside, here's an illustration of an oversized supertall proposal for Boston, taking the place of the Christian Science Center reflecting pool (please keep in mind, I'm neither an architect, city planner, nor a structural engineer). Perhaps with more research and your help, future ideas will be far more practical and with substance. This was just me being a bit ridiculous in my spare time ;)

4256943905_fa99570d0d_b.jpg

The funny thing is it doesn't look all too bad. If you went with a smaller height, say 1200, and made it a bit slimmer, it would fit right in! :p

1. Just, why? How on Earth did you come up with that? It's wonderfully...nuts.

2. Welcome to the board! Sorry to be a prick, but there is a "New Members Thread" where these posts are typically made. I guess this should be in here, though, by virtue of the rhinoceronculous rendering you posted.

1. Just, why? How on Earth did you come up with that? It's wonderfully...nuts.

2. Welcome to the board! Sorry to be a prick, but there is a "New Members Thread" where these posts are typically made. I guess this should be in here, though, by virtue of the rhinoceronculous rendering you posted.

Sorry, I neglected to mention that I'm working in Don Chiofaro's development firm. We were going to put this on the greenway, but it wasn't dominating the skyline enough <sarcasm> :)

And thanks for the welcome kennedy!

Back