New Section for Renderings?

telemark

Reaction score
Hi-- long time reader, first time post. Enjoy the site a great deal. One thing-- I searched for a while today through the Trans National Place thread to try and find latest renderings and pics; finally got there, but it occurred to me that it might be good to have an adjunct to the opinion thread that permitted any user to locate the images of the building/site without having to track through hundreds of postings... just a thought.

I like it but we would somehow have to stop people from commenting on the renderings and keep the discussion on the main boards. Another option might be to set up either an image upload program for the forum that allows you to browse images. This too I can see not working so well because hot linking is so much easier, especially for people who aren't as tech savvy.

Wasn't this part of the goal of the Archboston Wiki? Speaking of the Wiki... where is it?

Thanks. I always forget that you keep it in your sig.

Couldn't we at least add this to quick links to make it more accessible to everyone? I know I mentioned this a while back, but it's a really nice resource that I think is underutilized. It's a great place to find renderings and pictures of all planned, approved, aborted, and built projects.

Edit: Who updates the Wiki (can anyone?)? If it's just you, statler, I understand that it's probably not your number one priority, but it needs to be updated. It would be great if we could post photo updates of construction status on a monthly or weekly basis (a la Emporis) under each project. I think if it were more accessible, it would see more traffic.

Telemark, I recognized the same problem. I thought the wiki was probably the best way to deal with it, but people seemed to have lost interest.

Edit: Who updates the Wiki (can anyone?)? If it's just you, statler, I understand that it's probably not your number one priority, but it needs to be updated. It would be great if we could post photo updates of construction status on a monthly or weekly basis (a la Emporis) under each project. I think if it were more accessible, it would see more traffic.

Anyone (even you!) can update the wiki. Truth is, it's not hard but it is a bit of a pain in the ass. I'd love to do more but personally, I spend enough time here as it is. Real life demands and all that.
There were a few folks who used to be really good about working on it (which is why you see what you see today) but when they were the only ones adding to it they gave up after awhile. Can't really blame them.
Hopefully we can get new generation interested it. It a good idea and it has a good base, it just needs work.

Back