New York to Regulate Sugary Drinks

BostonObserver

Reaction score
This sucks, I just read the nanny politicians are now going to ban large size sugary drinks.

My gripe is on the old archboston people discussed how to make things better. Now it's cry
-baby all the time. Any one see last nights chronicle show?

Re: Future Boston Alliance

This sucks, I just read the nanny politicians are now going to ban large size sugary drinks.

My gripe is on the old archboston people discussed how to make things better. Now it's cry
-baby all the time. Any one see last nights chronicle show?

As far as I know that's a New York thing, not something they're doing in Boston, not yet anyway. Personally I don't have strong feelings on restrictions of shitty food & drink either way.

Yes it is New York. I guess they aren't much better than us. Ever wonder what Woody Allen does with his free time, he fights proposed buildings from being built in his neighborhood.

Yes it is New York. I guess they aren't much better than us. Ever wonder what Woody Allen does with his free time, he fights proposed buildings from being built in his neighborhood.

BosObs -- Today Mayor Bloomberg said on a TV interview -- [not exactly a quote but 'Of course you can always order 2 -16 ounce drinks -- you just neet 2 cups instead of 1' -- he then went on about how people should have smaller portions in front of them -- I'm guessing NYC restaurants will next have to meet with a restriction of the size of the plate

You can have as much as you want it will just be a stack of plates to make you think about how much you are consuming

Well that makes it a non nanny thing. How about make obesity no longer a handicap - no subsidized housing, no handicap parking sticker and no hoverounds.

I forsee a massive increase in buy 1 soda get 1 soda free to get around this dumb law.

Things I now love about Boston, having a 400lb mayor not dictate what size sugary beverage I can buy within the city limits.

Does this mean caipirinhas are off the drinks list?

Well if they decide to follow Lurker's 2 for 1 loophole, I may pay my first visit!

This whole thing is really great advertising for 7-Eleven and their Big Gulp® line of plus-size fountain drinks. As a self-righteous non-soda drinking liberal I think it would be a better move to put a small tax on the huge drinks. This tax could go into a diabetes prevention fund of some sort. [Before I get death threats, I should note that I am kidding about the tax part of my comment].

Back