No More Streetview in Google Maps?!

Lrfox

Reaction score
Just checked again, it appears the "streetview" feauture is no longer available-- at least in Boston. It's a shame, they had much of Southern New England available.

*Edit* It appears I'm an idiot. The street view is still available, you just have to drag the little orange man (he's on top of the zoom tool on the upper left of the maps) onto the street you want to see. The feature has actually improved as takes up the full screen of the map and doesn't annoy you any time you accidentally click the "blue" sections of the map.

Moderators: feel free to delete this thread as it's now wasted space.

I also thought StreetView had gone away from a section of Lexington, only to find that Google had changed the UI earlier that very day.

I had assumed it was gone until you just told me how to do it again.

This is the worst thread, ever. By far it beats, "What's the name of the Japanese restaurant in the South End?"

This is the worst thread, ever. By far it beats, "What's the name of the Japanese restaurant in the South End"

Two bad ones in a short period of time, maybe I ought to sit the next couple of plays out.

If it matters, oishii was fantastic. The kobe beef sashimi was phenominal

If it matters, oishii was fantastic. The kobe beef sashimi was phenominal

And OFF-TOPIC too. Aughgh. Van!?

Am I going to get my membership to the a/b forum revoked?

maybe thats why the dude disappeared-van stole him late at night and threw him into the east...

lr, id sleep with an eye open...

I dont like the enw system. is there anyway to see which cities have coverage?

i like the new system, works much faster. i think the only way to find out is by going in and searching.

how do they get these pictures anyhow, do they drive around in a car with a camera, or did they just upgrade their satellite images tenfold?

You can often see the car that they drive around with in the windows of storefronts and such. It's a car outfitted with a camera on a pole on the roof of the car. I'll post an image if i can find one

immersive-car.jpg

street-view-car-nashville.jpg

google-maps-street-view-car-small.JPG

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZwC5_qaVds

And you can see the reflection in the Hancock Tower at 120 St. James Ave streetview

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&s...Boston, MA&um=1&ie=UTF-8&resnum=1&sa=N&tab=wl

and, thats gotta be one hell of a job...driving every street in america (the world, even) to get pics...

Back