No Pants Subway Ride

armpitsOFmight

Reaction score
Why is this only done on the red line? They need to expand it to the high speed silver line.....all the way down to Dudley!!!!

It has the highest ridership, thus more exposure to the public.

And I don't know if they even do the Boston one anymore?

And the people of Cambridge/Somerville/red-line riders are the most likely to participate. There's a defined red-line culture.

I would not want to be T police the day they extend it to the Orange Line or Silver Line. Sexual assault after sexual assault. =P

How many hipsters ride the Silver Line?

(It's a really obscure number so you've probably never heard of it.)

I could totally see this working on the Orange Line in Jamaica Plain, actually.

(And some 'hipsters' no doubt ride the Washington Street Silver Line to the 'SoWa' arts district. But waiting outdoors for a bus while wearing no pants in the winter would be hazardous to your health.)

They should do no pants on the airport silver line. Great way to greet tourists.

Why is this only done on the red line? They need to expand it to the high speed silver line.....all the way down to Dudley!!!!

Logistics of meeting within the fare control at Alewife, size of the cars, and primarily indoor stations. Except for the poor souls at Charles. Brrr!

Though this year we actually did all four lines (did the downtown loop*), we have talked about Orange line into JP in past years. The problem is the above-ground stations...being a hearty soul I could care less, but I'm sure we'd get a lot of griping from people who would have to wait on the platforms at some of those stations (although last year we did Red and Orange, at least down to Back Bay).

Silver Line would be tough with the numbers we get...as it turns out (and referring to the asterisk above), the blue line was closed on Sunday, and we were rerouted onto shuttle buses. Eep! Completely overwhelmed them, which was a bummer because it ended up inconveniencing other riders.

Side note: it's amazing how many people wait at State for a shuttle to Government Center!

Back