North Quincy Station Redevelopment | Quincy

North Quincy Station Update:

20200908212125-7004cc59-la.jpg

Velo_JP_august.jpeg

It reminds me of the new stuff at forest hills but now that I see them next to eachother the forest hills building is much nicer.

Reactions: W-4
Velo_JP_august.jpeg

It reminds me of the new stuff at forest hills but now that I see them next to eachother the forest hills building is much nicer.

Ground-level parking chopping NQ's off at the knees vs. FH's having a real street interface and encouraged human interaction in the courtyard. They're similar from 12 ft. up only; the plot gets completely lost below that.

That looks more like a sterile apartment building next to an off ramp than a gateway. There is nature and incredible views that could be exploited with a little imagination but they will just slap it up there. Someday hopefully a nearby project will be a gateway

Reactions: W-4
That looks more like a sterile apartment building next to an off ramp than a gateway. There is nature and incredible views that could be exploited with a little imagination but they will just slap it up there. Someday hopefully a nearby project will be a gateway

That's pretty much what I was thinking - - -hopefully, this is a catalyst to many more to come with higher demand spiking. How close to the T is this?

Edit: OK, answered my own question from the link - - it really is in a crap location, so 16 stories of anything is a win and hopefully a catalyst:

"...... There is a bus stop about a 2-minute walk away from the proposed building, which connects to MBTA Red Line stations."

Last edited:
The actual front door's view is terrible but the entrance doesn't have to be. Also, it's next to a hotel and most floors will have views of something like the Blue Hills or the Neponset River Estuary and Pope JP Park, the harbor and Islands, and the top floors will have city views. It's adjacent to a dedicated pedestrian trail and NQ is really not that far away

That section of North Quincy, between the station and the river, is prime for a lot of good redevelopment. Lot of big parking lot suburban business park stuff there right now.

Man I hate that there's a drive through right in front of the station

I did a spit-take looking at those pics! I mean, really???????? That's just jarring. I know that McDonalds was there first, but was there no way to do a land-swap?????

Yeah so much shit going up in Quincy. It's all about quantity. There's no one in the city government making sure that all the development going on is helping the city grow into a better place, at least from an urban design standpoint... What differentiates Houston from Vancouver is really just how they arrange their buildings, and to dramatic effect. Anywayzz

Had to doublecheck the thread title on this one, didn't recognize it as Hancock St. at first. What a change.

Back